Yahoo Stock Downloader (1 Viewer)

hascons

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:49
Does anyone have a macro to download end of day stock quotes into access database. I would like to be able to choose a start date on the first download and then append the records on each subsequent download. I do this in excel to analyze a few stocks but would like to be able to do this in bulk.

Not sure if it's better to store in database or create a separate csv file for each stock

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:49
What exactly do you want to do with the data?

hascons

Registered User.
Local time
I would like to be able to store the data in a table (Quotes). Preferably I would like to have a table ( Stock Tickers ) that would hold a list of stocks and then be able to append the new updated data to the table ( Quotes ). From there I could perform simple calculations and use the more powerful query engine that access offers.

I'm OK with access but i'm not sure here of the logic required to download the data ( which is a csv file ) into the table.

hascons

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks jdraw I will play around with that a little bit and see where that brings me.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
A charity I volunteer at would like a database such as you are working on to keep historical data on their stock investments.

Would you be interested in allowing us to use your database?

Thank you

10finch46 at wehavemail.ca

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom