You've got to be kidding... (1 Viewer)

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:36
Ah, but isn't that the beauty of someone using God's will as the reason for something?

Firstly, they don't have to justify anything in rational terms as it's all based on 'faith'.

Secondly, even if someone can provide plentiful evidence that their logic's flawed, they can fall back on our inability to understand how God thinks.

Thirdly, if you express the view that this isn't God's will, just bad luck, they can shrug and say that you only think that because of the second point (above).

Faultless. :D

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:36
Matt Greatorex said:
Secondly, even if someone can provide plentiful evidence that their logic's flawed, they can fall back on our inability to understand how God thinks.
That's always been my favorite. My answer to it is: Wouldn't God's thought process be so incredible it would melt our puny brains, not be stupid and non-sensical by even our pathetic standards? Wouldn't the creator of logic itself possess it and apply it in perfection instead of ignore it? Wouldn't God's behavior be perfect by any standard we as mere humans could possibly conceive? It's not that we don't understand God's thinking, it's that if God truly thinks the way people like Pat Robertson say, then God is stupid.

Of course, then they just fall back to point #1. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:36
Boy yall' go out on a limb. Pat is preaching the word of God. After all you have as much proof that God is NOT doing it as he does that God is. So you saying he is full of it (basically) has no merit either. God maybe punishing those, no proof either way.
OR
Maybe he is saying what his minons want to hear so they give him more money.

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
FoFa said:
Maybe he is saying what his minons want to hear so they give him more money.

I suppose there's always that slim possibility. ;)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Mr. Robertson is quoting scripture. And as such is correct according to the Bible. Even some prominent Jewish leaders concur with his interpretation.

But as far as claiming any earthly event, as an act of God, is presumptuous and in the past has led to some of our worst atrocities.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
FoFa said:
After all you have as much proof that God is NOT doing it as he does that God is.
Quite true, except that I do not claim to know for sure and he does, which makes him disgustingly arrogant. And since God has never said anywhere, "And thusly Sharon was smiteth by the Lord, for he compromiseth in the name of peace," Robertson's remarks can only be based on his own logical conclusions, which are appallingly flawed. So, my original comments remain accurate whether or not Robertson is right.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:36
Kraj said:
And since God has never said anywhere, "And thusly Sharon was smiteth by the Lord, for he compromiseth in the name of peace,"
Maybe not those exact words.....

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
FoFa said:
Maybe not those exact words.....
Lol :p

jsanders said:
Mr. Robertson is quoting scripture. And as such is correct according to the Bible. Even some prominent Jewish leaders concur with his interpretation.
Of course they do, they're the same assholes who've been perpetuating this conflict for thousands of years. The Bible can be quoted to say pretty much anything as long as you focus on individual passages while ignoring the overall message.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Kraj said:
Lol :p

Of course they do, they're the same assholes who've been perpetuating this conflict for thousands of years. The Bible can be quoted to say pretty much anything as long as you focus on individual passages while ignoring the overall message.

I'm not defending him, and I should have said Jewish religious leaders.

Not to be mistaken for politicians.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
and I should have said Jewish religious leaders.

Not to be mistaken for politicians.
Is there a difference? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom