Nice to see that things don't change (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 23:25
Having been away for about a year, got out for good behaviour:D I see having just read the Bin Laden thread that it is business as usual on this forum...

Lets insult America, Lets retort to the British, lets all go around and around in self imploding spiral...

Ah... so nice to see that some things never change..:eek:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 18:25
Having been away for about a year, got out for good behaviour:D I see having just read the Bin Laden thread that it is business as usual on this forum...

Lets insult America, Lets retort to the British, lets all go around and around in self imploding spiral...

Ah... so nice to see that some things never change..:eek:

As one of the main perps in that little fiasco, I have to tell you, it was actually more fun than I was letting on.
Actually not really, mostly I often wonder why we can say things on the net we normally wouldn’t say in person.
Or why our positions get so exaggerated.
Welcome back from the abyss.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
As one of the main perps in that little fiasco, I have to tell you, it was actually more fun than I was letting on.
Actually not really, mostly I often wonder why we can say things on the net we normally wouldn’t say in person.
Or why our positions get so exaggerated.
Welcome back from the abyss.

Thanks Pal, good to be back..

If only the world could settle all it's conflicts by hurling insults at each other across an internet forum... the world would be a better place..;)

I for one am glad that Bin Laden is dead, did I sing and rejoice.. no.. but I can understand how some people would...

I can remember 9/11, it is still very fresh in my memory, I can remember sitting in front of the TV open mouthed watching events unfold... I can remember seeing images from the Middle East of people dancing and singing in the streets at the fact that several thousand of the 'Infidels' had been slaughtered...

Should we take a life for a life, no of course not, but sometimes it is unavoidable..

Will the world be a safer place without BL... sadly not, there will always be some mad man willing to take up the mantle... Better the devil you know I say...

If I had ultimate power, I would pick Britain up out of the north sea and move it 5000 miles west and few miles south, so it was just off the Florida Keys.. ;) Rather than be next to the mad europeans..

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Really, no one has posted anything bashing anyone in a while.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
If I had ultimate power, I would pick Britain up out of the north sea and move it 5000 miles west and few miles south, so it was just off the Florida Keys.. ;) Rather than be next to the mad europeans..

:eek: Right in the path of all those hurricanes etc No thanks I think our climate etc is just fine, true we should be out of Europe the biggest mistake we made in the 20th century was rescueing the frogs, ok I know we had a little help - from the Ruskies. ;)

Brian

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
I'm sure I know who you are talking about. Perhaps my disappearance had something to do with it. He liked to eg me on.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Hmm lets think why is that, who's missing?

Brian

Haven't seen here Cindy for a while. . . . . . .:)

BTW - I think it's 10 years this year since the towers fell over. Are there any special ceremonies in the USA to mark the event on 11/9? Maybe a public holiday or something?

What are they doing with the old site? It looks like a building site to me - how long does it take to build a mosque?

Col

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time

BTW - I think it's 10 years this year since the towers fell over. Are there any special ceremonies in the USA to mark the event on 11/9? Maybe a public holiday or something?

What are they doing with the old site? It looks like a building site to me - how long does it take to build a mosque?

Col

Finally admitting how misinformed you Col?

This is a great day.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
As usual, you've lost me with your broken English response, I know English is not your first language - but - any chance of a more coherent reply?

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time

Col

There are quite a number of the old gang that now don't grace us with there presence anymore, you're not on much for a start, then Rich, Cindy, Ken, and others, hell I even miss Pauldohart, .

My visits are brief, Hazel is in a Marie Curie Hospice at the moment with yet another cancer so I spend as much time with her as possible and come here for a bit of mind distraction.

Cheers
Brian

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
As usual, you've lost me with your broken English response, I know English is not your first language - but - any chance of a more coherent reply?

Col

Sorry Col,

Finally admitting how misinformed you are, Col?

This is a great day.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
There are quite a number of the old gang that now don't grace us with there presence anymore, you're not on much for a start, then Rich, Cindy, Ken, and others, hell I even miss Pauldohart, .

My visits are brief, Hazel is in a Marie Curie Hospice at the moment with yet another cancer so I spend as much time with her as possible and come here for a bit of mind distraction.

Cheers
Brian

Brain,

Words are inadequate, but love is not. People love you and care about you.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 17:25

Cheers
Brian

Sounds like I popped in for a visit just in time. Sorry to hear about your troubles, Brian. If she's in a hospice, it doesn't sound hopeful. Having had several family members that have battled cancer, that is something that worries me about my future. I try not to miss any doctor appointments.

Col, have you been behaving yourself?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Thanks Thales and Cindy, yes it is only a matter of time, 19 years of fighting myelo fibrosis have left her immune system very weak so chemo is out of the question, She is much stronger thn i am, I had her home for a few hours today and as soon as i got her out of the car she was pointing out things that needed doing in the front garden, She's great.

Brian

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Thanks Thales and Cindy, yes it is only a matter of time, 19 years of fighting myelo fibrosis have left her immune system very weak so chemo is out of the question, She is much stronger thn i am, I had her home for a few hours today and as soon as i got her out of the car she was pointing out things that needed doing in the front garden, She's great.

Brian

Sorry to hear that. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Good to know she still feels well enough to hand out orders for your honey-do list. :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Cindy, you know I am always good, in fact, these are my first posts for several weeks, I log in but just keep quiet. It's just Josie and I having a little banter, perhaps one day I will understand what he's on about.

But that pales into insignificance compared to what Bri is facing - I know a little of what it is like to see your wife deteriorate over the years. I know Bri is thankful he has friends here and he is not alone.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
There are quite a number of the old gang that now don't grace us with there presence anymore, you're not on much for a start, then Rich, Cindy, Ken, and others, hell I even miss Pauldohart,

Brian

People move on - that's the way things are.

Plus of course some of those you mentioned left because they became fearful to post in case they got banned - we all know one wrong word that upsets a certain US mod here leads to a lifetime ban with no explanation or reprieve. It's the US way, guilty, and no chance to prove innocence.

Anyway, I've said enough, I'll post again in a few weeks under one name or another depending on which ones are not banned for speaking out.

Col

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Cindy, you know I am always good,

Har har. ;) Seriously though, you seem almost...amicable...lately. What's happened to you? :)

I'm pleased to hear that you're minding your manners, even if it's only because you're feeling forced to. :cool:

Having been gone for a bit I just read the news about David Crake. Terrible news really. I rebuilt my machine with Windows 7 so it's taken me a bit to make it back to all my websites. Aside from being busy, and not involved with Access nearly as much any more, that is. In fact, at my work here they are wanting to obliterate Access databases, and they are saying that starting this year or next they are going to start installing the lesser version of MS Office that doesn't include Access to try to keep people from creating their own databases which then become a mess because people don't know what they are doing and all of a sudden they are 'mission critical' databases and they need IT's help. :rolleyes: I'm trying to re-do some of my Access databases into to SQL Server or Oracle Apex to get rid of them.

I still have to pop around from time to time though to see how everyone is doing. Awfully quiet around here these days. I also miss Tess and Idjit. And Selena. Let's see, who else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom