Report with subreport excel export alignment problem (1 Viewer)

michal.r.1024

Local time
Today, 01:13
Hi guys,

I have an Access report containing its own "table" part and two additional subreports under with similar content. I tried my best to make the additional reports aligned right under the first one in Access report view. However, as soon as I export it to Excel, the first report is aligned properly (begins in left upper corner), but the two other subreports are placed under the right down corner of the first report (see my professional diagram drawing attachment). Could you please provide me some advices? I tried many things and nothing worked.

Thanks,
Michal

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    6 KB · Views: 127

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 09:13
How do you export it to Excel?
Is it possible for you to post your database with some sample data, (zip it because you haven't post 10 post yet!)?

michal.r.1024

Local time
crossposted here
@michal - please take a look at this link about the etiquette of cross posting.
It's not wrong to crosspost, but is wrong not to say you are doing it and provide the link(s)

My apologies for that. I really did not have a clue about that this is a problem, I will know next time, thanks.

Is it possible for you to post your database with some sample data, (zip it because you haven't post 10 post yet!)?

I export it via External data -> Excel. Im going to create sample data DB and post it here in a while.

michal.r.1024

Local time

Here I created sample access DB with report that has been created exactly with the same pattern like my original one. The attached export behaves exactly as well.

Attachments

• files.zip
    31.5 KB · Views: 129

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Don't think you will be able to succeed because there is no way to influence how the data is inserted into Excel. But another thing is why do you want to export the report to Excel?
Only option as I see it right now is that you control where and how the data is inserted using VBA.

michal.r.1024

Local time
Don't think you will be able to succeed because there is no way to influence how the data is inserted into Excel. But another thing is why do you want to export the report to Excel?
Only option as I see it right now is that you control where and how the data is inserted using VBA.

Hmm I am not happy to read that but I understand. And could you please give me a example of what are you advicing? Or some hint how to be able to affect the way the data are expoted via VBA?

Thanks

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Could tell me why you want to export the report to Excel?

michal.r.1024

Local time
Could tell me why you want to export the report to Excel?

If I would decide, I would not do it that way for sure, but my colleagues are used to use Excel so they export this report into excel as well as it fits their needs. I find it also quite weird but I can't do anything with it. I just need to make it optimalized for export to Excel somehow.

Could you please provide me some advice? (I did my best creating the report, I've put part of my soul inside it and I hope it could be fixed :))

michal.r.1024

Local time
Hi there, I found solution for this. The problem was that former report layout was original report access "sheet" with additional 2 subreports and the subreports were shifted. But when I changed it to "blank sheet" with 3 subreports, it is fixed. So the problem is solved, thanks for your assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom