Tools/Resources available for easy website development (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 08:58
hey you guys,

I'm currently building my own website, and due to the large amount of content that has to be uploaded to it, I developed a method to use other programs to write the source code instead of doing it all manually. The types of code that are required for my site are HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP/MYSQL. I've made very good use of Excel, Notepad and the Eclipse IDE for PHP (Eclipse is available for many other languages too). If you're a web developer or are thinking about getting into the web development game, the attached files could possibly be useful to you. The single files attached (TXTs and ZIPs) are some that I am currently using to make the development process easier. The zip folder called "website-dev-prep-tools" that's attached includes everything I'm currently using, which is one excel program, a few text file HTML-code templates, and a couple other tools. I posted this thread in case our members or guests are curious about how web development works, and if they feel intimidated or overwhelmed by the thought of doing the work, they might find these tools to be a useful guide to how easy it really can be with a good attitude and perseverance. When I started this project, I had written only a minimal amount of CSS code for the websites I manage. I have no creativity whatsoever. I can only draw stick people!

But at any rate, any feedback on this is certainly welcome. I hope this can be useful to our future visitors! =)

Attachments

• HTML table generator.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 712
  • Allen Browne (List Directory Files).txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 528
  • HTML-template-code.txt
    385 bytes · Views: 575
  • website-dev-prep-tools.zip
    70.5 KB · Views: 699

HiTechCoach

Local time
Maybe I am missing something here...

If you have a website that uses MYSQL on the back end, why are you not simply exporting the data from Access to a CVS and importing it into the MYSQL database? Or even better, in Access use linked tables to the MYSQL database and "push" the data in the MYSQL database.

Are you using PHP OOP + MVC design pattern with bootstrap for templating?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Are you using PHP OOP + MVC design pattern with bootstrap for templating?
I write from scratch, sir. I don't use corporate tools. and that includes bootstrap. even though BS is not technically "corporate"

mamradzelvy

Local time
Today, 14:58
I write from scratch, sir. I don't use corporate tools. and that includes bootstrap. even though BS is not technically "corporate"
But why though? Don't take me wrong, i used to play around with html and css quite a bit myself, but once you are actually trying to accomplish anything other than just a static page, it becomes unnecessarily complicated and time consuming, does it not?

deletedT

Local time
Today, 13:58
@vba_php is not with us any more. So he can not answer your question.

I hope one of admins/mods lock this thread.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
ah, did he get banned?
Many times. I believe the last was a permanent ban.
When I saw his picture pop up on "What's New", for a second, I thought that he was back :eek:.
Then I realised it was just his ghostly spirit reappearing:alien:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Many times. I believe the last was a permanent ban.
When I saw his picture pop up on "What's New", for a second, I thought that he was back :eek:.
Then I realised it was just his ghostly spirit reappearing:alien:
Me too :), my heart sank. :(

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Me too :), my heart sank. :(
Really! Don't you miss those endless threads discussing his behaviour, comments and what should be done about it ;).
I'm thinking of reading War and Peace now instead :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom