webpages randomly don't load content properly (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Yesterday, 21:18
has anyone seen this occur? I've seen it for 20 years, literally. my only guess is that this is a consequence of server overload and it not being able to handle traffic. Either that or there is a concurrency or noise issue. True? see images. This is happened to me multiple times over the years, in all major browsers. It looks like both the CSS and JS scripts are not loading for some reason:

Display mistake

1_incorrect_render.jpg

Correct Display

2_correct_render.jpg

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm betting "noise" in which some aspect of the page is garbled in a way that doesn't trigger the check-sums. But then again, HTTP and its HTTPS variant are designed for sessions maintained through cookies, not logins, and the transmissions are rarely repeated to correct errors. You SHOULD be able to use the RELOAD (3/4 semi-circle with arrowhead) symbol to try the same page again. That's what I usually do. But if it repeats, you should clear your browser cache before a third reload.

neuroman9999

Local time
You SHOULD be able to use the RELOAD (3/4 semi-circle with arrowhead) symbol

ummm...yeah, I know what that is. ;)

But if it repeats, you should clear your browser cache before a third reload.

pretty much, yes I agree that it is just noise and there's nothing that can be done about it. =(

But then again, HTTP and its HTTPS variant are designed for sessions maintained through cookies, not logins,

AMEX stores verification info in their server DBs, whereby most other financial institutions, especially big banks, are still doing the cookie concept. and that annoys the he$$ out of me because I dump that stuff all the time. I just made a call to Discover yesterday and asked the tier 3 manager to get the location of where they throw the cookie so I can filter out that file when dumping all of FF's junk. if she tells me, I'll know where others put it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom