Riots in Minneapolis (1 Viewer)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:09
There used to be exemptions from jury duty such as judges and court officers but those have been eliminated, sort of. I get called almost every 2 years but the judges usually excuse me as soon as they see me in the pool. My daughter rarely gets called and is dying to get on a jury. The only time she came close was a case I worked on and she was booted.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 07:09
I wonder why I never get called? I've also wished to. It's such an honorable thing to have the chance, even though I know it can be disruptive and now that I wish for it, I may get it at the worst possible time, but I'd do everything I could to make it work. I probably have nothing that majorly eliminates me, although I do have a relative who was a state trooper, but that was many years ago.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I wonder why I never get called? I've also wished to. It's such an honorable thing to have the chance, even though I know it can be disruptive and now that I wish for it, I may get it at the worst possible time, but I'd do everything I could to make it work. I probably have nothing that majorly eliminates me, although I do have a relative who was a state trooper, but that was many years ago.
You would be eliminated almost immediately, the prosecution would love you but the defense would spend one of their objections for general purposes. 😜 just kidding.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
In a high profile case, some of your posts here would come back to haunt you.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I've served on a couple of juries. One was a criminal trial and that was a joke. I would have convicted the prosecutor, the "victim", and the defense attorney but I couldn't convict the accused because he didn't commit the crime of which he was accused. He committed other crimes, just not the one he was on trial for.

Typically the jury elects the foreman (at least in Connecticut) rather than the court appointing one and the votes are either by paper or by hand depending on what is going on and how contentious the jury is.

I would have been much happier if the prosecution had included a lesser charge that did NOT include finding Chauvin responsible for the death. I'm convinced Floyd was a dead man walking and was probably not making it back to the police station under any circumstances REGARDLESS of what Chauvin did. The prosecution made a decision. They did not want to give the jury the option to find Chauvin guilty of something OTHER THAN responsibility for the death. That may work for them or against them depending on how stubborn the dissenters are.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:09
Having watched large parts of the testimony, I look forward to watching the summing up on Monday. How long does each side usually spend doing their closing arguments, if that is the correct term?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
In a high profile case, some of your posts here would come back to haunt you.
I am sure if they knew I had strong conservative views, I would be a target of one side or the other!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
You would be cancelled!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
If the jury go on the evidence, he will be acquitted. If the jury go with what it thinks the public sentiment wants, he will be found guilty...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Some more details coming out about the case with the Seargeant pushing the black guy, telling him to get out of his neighbourhood.

Deandre had been facing charges of trespass and animal cruelty from different incidents, but he has now been determined mentally incapable of standing trial
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rmy-drill-sergeant-mentally-ill.html#comments

I can't stand animal cruelty of any kind. Perhaps he was seen being cruel to animals or pets in the neighbourhood. That is enough to incite any animal lover. How many different incidents there were, it doesn't state.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Some more details coming out about the case with the Seargeant pushing the black guy, telling him to get out of his neighbourhood.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rmy-drill-sergeant-mentally-ill.html#comments

I can't stand animal cruelty of any kind. Perhaps he was seen being cruel to animals or pets in the neighbourhood. That is enough to incite any animal lover. How many different incidents there were, it doesn't state.
Arent you the guy that trespasses on the private golf course when he takes walks? ( i think you posted something like that in the past if I recall correctly)

I cant find any other sources for whats contained in that dailymail report. None of the interviews of witnesses say anything about anything happening before the video was taken. I do think there may be some truth to the assertion that the kid may have mental health issues but only by the way the sherriff speaks about him. I also didn't find anything that identifies the kid other than by first name. There was one neighborhood woman who stated she recognized him from the neighborhood and said he was a polite kid. Nothing about him having any legal troubles.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
1618665247215.png

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Arent you the guy that trespasses on the private golf course when he takes walks? ( i think you posted something like that in the past if I recall correctly)
Incorrect. I walk on the golf course which is also a "Common." This means anyone can legally walk on there. The golf course was always a common, and was only sold to the golf club on the basis that it continued to be shared with the public in perpetuity.

Nice try.

Edit: Having said that, I have had 2 golfers trespassing in my garden so far this year, searching for their dogs who have run off. Many people walk their dogs on there. I live next to the golf course.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Incorrect. I walk on the golf course which is also a "Common." This means anyone can legally walk on there. The golf course was always a common, and was only sold to the golf club on the basis that it continued to be shared with the public in perpetuity.

Nice try.

Edit: Having said that, I have had 2 golfers trespassing in my garden so far this year, searching for their dogs who have run off. Many people walk their dogs on there. I live next to the golf course.
I was close. At least someone was trespassing.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I have to fact-check the fact-checker.

Unfortunately, I live near a busy main road and one of the owners young dogs got hit by a car. It was still alive when found but with a broken leg or something.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Maxine Waters, a Democrat serving in the US House of Representative, seems to have cognitive issues on logic and the rule of law. If you are on the "left" Maxine Waters call for you to get out in the streets and get in the face of conservatives to intimidate them. But, then if you are on the "right" peaceful protest is not allowed and those participating need to be arrested.

As for justice, the jury will determine the guilt/innocence of Chauvin, not a grandstanding politician. For Waters to call for continued "protesting" should Chauvin be acquitted, is an abomination for one our out nation's top political "leaders". (Water's really isn't a leader, but she does serve in the US Congress and should be setting an appropriate rule-of-law example as a law maker.)

Waters is now flagrantly fomenting "insurrection". Yet, just a few months ago, when conservatives held a mostly peacefully festive event:

Yet, when Waters, as one member of the US Congress, is generically "targeted" for protest she has no sympathy for those protesting and wants police protection. In January she was anti-anarchist. Now she is advocating anarchy!!!
"This is an absolutely incredible occurrence here in the United States Capitol where these anarchists are basically taking over our chamber and our statuary hall and the Senate floor. They’re all over the place, breaking the windows, and I saw one scene where they were trying to bring down the American flag and trying to hoist the Trump flag on top of the Capitol.This is an absolutely incredible occurrence here in the United States Capitol where these anarchists are basically taking over our chamber and our statuary hall and the Senate floor. They’re all over the place, breaking the windows, and I saw one scene where they were trying to bring down the American flag and trying to hoist the Trump flag on top of the Capitol."

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Maxine Waters is a disgrace and possibly one of the stupidest people ever elected to Congress..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom