Piers Morgan & Megan Markle (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 21:01
Because in 2016 she was running for President of the USA, become a force in national politics. I DID say "a few years ago." It is less of a concern now.
So if I read this correctly. If a female sleeps with another female, then said female runs for presidency, her chances are jeapordised because of her sexual tendencies?

I know I'm thick and not well read, but I can't quite follow the logic here - Hillary is chastised, yet you vote in the idiot Trump.
It's no wonder nobody outside the USA can understand USA politics.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:01
Col, some of us who live here don't understand USA politics either. We don't understand how the sheep so willingly get sheared by candidates whose former behavior ranges from questionable to reprehensible.

And to answer the direct question, yes. Because of the big religious bloc votes, openly gay candidates will have trouble. For instance, former candidate for president Pete Buttigieg, who was openly gay, had to finally drop out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I did not so much as vote FOR Trump as I voted AGAINST Hillary. I don't know how many trysts she had with women, but she was definitely in bed with "Big Pharma" because they wanted to make a KILLING with Medicare-funded drug plans. They spent a bunch of money but Hillary didn't get in. Too bad, so sad.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:01
Col, some of us who live here don't understand USA politics either. We don't understand how the sheep so willingly get sheared by candidates whose former behavior ranges from questionable to reprehensible.

And to answer the direct question, yes. Because of the big religious bloc votes, openly gay candidates will have trouble. For instance, former candidate for president Pete Buttigieg, who was openly gay, had to finally drop out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I did not so much as vote FOR Trump as I voted AGAINST Hillary. I don't know how many trysts she had with women, but she was definitely in bed with "Big Pharma" because they wanted to make a KILLING with Medicare-funded drug plans. They spent a bunch of money but Hillary didn't get in. Too bad, so sad.

Furthermore, and besides the orientation, there are still some voters to whom something we used to call "Family Values", or "Moral Values", matter.
Not too many voters left like that, but some diehard old fashioned types.....Who might have been turned off by the (hypothetical) marital infidelity aspect of it.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, Pete Buttigieg is openly gay but that did not doom his candidacy. The thing that hurt Pete Buttigieg is everyone knew he was a lousy mayor. And now he's a phony-baloney Transportation Secretary that's in way over his head.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 17:01
Yes, Pete Buttigieg is openly gay but that did not doom his candidacy. The thing that hurt Pete Buttigieg is everyone knew he was a lousy mayor. And now he's a phony-baloney Transportation Secretary that's in way over his head.
Buttigieg is an excellent but vacuous speaker. So you need to listen very carefully and note what he did not say. That makes him potentially dangerous as a partisan hack. Read between the lines.
Like Kerry he is an environmental fraud.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I get the impression that Americans would not even be happy even if Jesus ran for president. He would probably be chastised because he was the result of a one-night-stand between God and his mother, and Joseph was not his real father. Plus of course, he's a foreigner.
Col

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Yes. Our previous concern a few years ago was how many woman Hillary had slept with. We knew that Bill's statistics on that subject were uncountable. I was hoping for an accounting of how many cigars he wasted.
Just hearing about this.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
I get the impression that Americans would not even be happy even if Jesus ran for president. He would probably be chastised because he was the result of a one-night-stand between God and his mother, and Joseph was not his real father. Plus of course, he's a foreigner.
Col
Generally, most humans are difficult to please with regards to being a public figure, i.e e.g politicians because they are enjoying public funds, people will not see the work they do, rather it's the privileges they enjoy.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
The Morgan awakes...

Piers coming back with his own show:-
I differ with Piers on a few issues and I really enjoyed it when Ben Shapiro took the piss out of him on his own show - but I admire his conviction to stand up for what he beleives in.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
But of Course

Thanks for that John.

Clever chap that Ben Shapiro....

Definitely got the better of piers Morgan, and look at your political situation at the moment, I think I would be going out and buying a gun if lived in America, with the way that Biden is taking things, as foreseen by Ben, governments go off the rails...

I reckon there is/ will be a good trade in weapons across the border to Canada, to combat Truro...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Debating Ben is a losing battle - except for one time. I'll try to find it but he went up against an Oxford Professoer who wiped the floor with him using his own tactics.

Although I am pro 2nd Ammendant (Guns), i never owned one until I came back to the US. The climate here is scary and too unpredictable. People are no longer accountable for thier actions and I am automatically wrong for being a white male.

I keep waiting for this to die down like most stupid things tend to do, but it hasnt happened yet. Hopefully one day

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom