Hello Access World! (1 Viewer)

Devorde

Local time
Today, 08:32
My name is Denise. I am brand new to Access. I live in Kentucky, but I was born in Florida; have lived overseas and in Alaska! Right now, my world is work, helping take care of my mother, and taking care of myself. I almost died in February and I'm struggling through my recovery. I had sepsis and septic shock which has a 60% mortality rate. I can expect to feel about 60% for another two to three months but not 100% for about a year! My recovery symptoms include short term memory difficulties and brain fog. So learning Access for my new job has been a challenge to say the least. I'm pretty proud of what I've accomplished so far but I have a lllloooonnggg way to go to reach my goal! I'm looking forward to learning more!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:32
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:32
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 07:32
Hi. Welcome to AWF!
your responses in this section are always so similar, guy, that sometimes I think they are automated just like Jon's!

welcome to the board Denise. Sorry to hear of the issues, must be tough. But you can be sure to learn anything you need here. I probably won't be the one to give professional advice, as I'm just a troll that hangs around the area (as you may come to find out from others, ha ha), but almost everyone else *does* fall into that category. So no worries around here!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:32
Hello, Denise, and welcome to our little madhouse.

Sorry to hear of your illness but glad that you are recovering. Don't worry about brain fog with Access because there are days when that fog is there even AFTER your morning coffee. If you've got fog elsewhere, that's on you. Fog with Access? Par for the course.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:32
Welcome Denise!

Devorde

Local time
Today, 08:32
Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm looking forward to interacting in the forums! Maybe one day, I'll be able to help someone else. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom