iPhone, is it worthit? (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 00:23
It would appear that Apple has something in the works regarding iPhones. I read it this morning and now can't find it again. But the future of iPhones is apparently going to become limited because of some new product (also by Apple) that will "crowd out" the iPhones.
Crowd out, is a good term for it. Keep those consumers busy!

Solve the new, official, first world business problem: not knowing what to spend your money on!

Harrybrigham

Local time
Today, 07:23
Was this serious or humor? I couldn't tell and was curious
It was both humour and the truth. I find it humourous that a grown woman can find so many people and things, to spend time, chatting about nonsense. I am safe writing this because she doesn't ever look at these forums.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
For a phone, I was more than happy with my Samsung Galaxy S5830 (tiny phone compared to those today). In fact I cannot remember why I even got that as my Nokia 6210 was fine for calls.?
I bought a cheap Android phone (oukitel C15 pro) from Amazon for the main purpose of being my mp3 player. It also had dual sim capability, so I could have a different sim for my SSAFA volunteer work.

I could not find a large capacity mp3 player anymore that was within my price range. my Creative JB3 is the size of a portable CD player and it's capacity system wise is full despite having plenty of space on the upgraded disk I put on it.

However since getting this C15, I find myself using it more and more for other things.? I have Whatsapp on it and use that for my community work, I surf the net and keep tabs of posts here and other sites during TV commercials :) I use Excel on it for my community driving work and listen to the music whilst waiting for my passengers.

I have never ever put it in my back pocket either? :)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I found the article I had seen earlier.

The Death of the iPhone (fool.com)
Mmmmmm....A stock pumper article, I dunno
Although I admit I trust Fool a lot more than, say Bezinga and such garbage.

I looked AAPL up on Zacks, who I trust implicitly, and it's rated "Buy" (not quite Strong Buy). D for value, B for growth, D for momentum.

Kinda mediocre, but Zacks seems to think it will continue to rise to some degree hence buy....Unless your personal needs call for good value or quick price movement.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 02:23
I found the article I had seen earlier.

The Death of the iPhone (fool.com)
that is all based on analyst speculation richard. that is, by far, the worst kind of article to read. the 2 types of people never to trust in this world:

1) those that trade for a living
2) those from NYC

my apologies about that joke to anyone who takes offense to everything.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
I bought a phone recently and its Samsung S21 Plus. Before that, I was been choosing between iphone or samsung but, based on the reviews on the internet, samsung has greater features and more affordable too.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I bought a phone recently and its Samsung S21 Plus. Before that, I was been choosing between iphone or samsung but, based on the reviews on the internet, samsung has greater features and more affordable too.
Anything is more affordable than Apple equipment. :)
However, that is one of their selling points I believe. Perceived elevated status of owning an overpriced Apple product?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I got an LG Risio in 2017 for $25, (the otter box cost more), and it still works perfectly - hosts any app I want to install - about 50 currently.
Recently the screen protector broke so I replaced it.
Possibly within the next year, I'm thinking of spending about $50 for a new/better phone - I'd like it to have the hardware capable of using Google Pay, which is the ONE thing mine can't do that I'd like to do.

CaylinBR

Local time
Today, 09:23
Now everybody is waiting for the new 14th iPhone, everybody except me, Xiaomi owner xD

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I understand that the new iPhone could cause a drop in Apples share price...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Now everybody is waiting for the new 14th iPhone, everybody except me, Xiaomi owner xD

And me!

You got me started, now I can't resist. The funniest thing I find CONSTANTLY about iphone users is how many of them - after years in Apple's closed-circuit world - actually don't realize there is another world out there.

Two examples:
  1. The other day I was at a business and a woman showed me a QR code and said "Just scan it with your camera". I mentioned to her sorry, I don't have a QR scanner app on my phone right now, nor integrated into my camera. She looked at me with a look I can only describe as total and utter confusion. No, she insisted, if you have a smartphone it will "just scan it" with your camera. After a few more seconds of her insisting that all phones automatically did a certain thing when the camera looked at a QR code, I realized she was an iPhone user, and thought everyone's phones worked the same way. I told her umm, ok, ma'am, so I have what's called an "Android" - we have, probably, 500 different apps we can download to scan QR codes, and some of them probably integrate it right into the camera, but it's an option - everyone's don't automatically work the same way. SO insistent was she that no such world existed, she almost had ME questioning my own sanity, and I actually focused my camera on the QR code just to second guess myself!
  2. The other day I was at Ikea. We forgot our Ikea Family card (although I assured my wife it was surely just a barcode somewhere that we could look up online). But my wife wanted to ask for help, so we asked an iPhone user. The iPhone user showed us where to find the inevitable barcode, but also said "now just press here to save it to your Wallet". My wife was baffled but she Ikea lady was even more baffled when I told her "we don't actually have google pay on this phone, so we'll just be happy to save the picture - thanks!"..........she insisted, basically, if you have a smartphone, you just save it to your Wallet. I explained to her that we have what's called an Android. We have many services that can provide Wallet type of functionality, but not just one, and everyone doesn't automatically use that Magic ONE.
I must be horrible at explaining this "outer world" to long time Apple citizens, because in both cases, I left these ladies (bless their hearts), convinced that if only I would have tried it, my smartphone would just automatically do a camera-to-scan, and the button would have just put it in something Universal called My Wallet.

Probably, even if they understood, they would have thought that mine was less capable than theirs, rather than seeing it as I actually have 200x more options, I just haven't availed myself of all of them.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The endless lines streaming out of the Apple stores is enough for me to say oh-no! These folks will gladly stand in line all-day staring at their phones. I walk right past them with my android in my pocket and point at them and giggle, it's free entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom