Philadelphia police give beating (1 Viewer)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 13:47
More then a dozen cops give a severe kicking to three people AFTER they were subdued and were laying on the ground. That is a little excessive use of force. Isnt people getting beaten by government enforcers the excuse that the US first offered up to start their 'war on terror'?

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Depends who they are - if they are ***** **** em!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:47

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 21:47
Perhaps they were trying to oppose the priviledged elite and their lackey police force:D

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Perhaps they were trying to oppose the priviledged elite and their lackey police force

Thats why there was an if!:cool:

Is this an incident in particular - there is no link so I don't know - is this a Rodney King type event? A new meaning to brotherly love?

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pa...=29&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

It doesn't make any sense. Not sure why this has to be linked to the "war on terror". This was a case of individual police officers doing the wrong thing.

This has to be terrifying for the people who thought they could rely on the police "to serve and protect" and act as peace officers. Even scarier is the officers who gave the kicking AFTER the suspects were obviously not a danger to anyone were not immediately suspended without pay.
No wonder the average person in USA feels they have to carry guns on their person 24/7.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time

Is that kind of language really necessary.

Brian

Ah! between my reading the post and typing a response the post has thankfully changed. Well done Bob.

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Just a reminder for everyone - When you signed up for the forums, you agreed to this statement within the rules:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

R

Rich

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Particularly when it points out the truth and the sad fact that blacks are still seen as second class citizens in America:rolleyes:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Particularly when it points out the truth and the sad fact that blacks are still seen as second class citizens in America
Rich - I usually just ignore your comments, but you know that I do not go remove posts just because I don't like them. If I did that, over half of the watercooler would be gone. But, you all can bash away, as long as you keep the language clean. I don't care what you do otherwise. I don't even come in to the Watercooler most of the time, but I did come this time because the language was reported by other users.

R

Rich

Rich - I usually just ignore your comments, but you know that I do not go remove posts just because I don't like them. If I did that, over half of the watercooler would be gone. But, you all can bash away, as long as you keep the language clean. I don't care what you do otherwise. I don't even come in to the Watercooler most of the time, but I did come this time because the language was reported by other users.

Well that's odd because I've had heaps of foul and abusive language heaped at me over the years by Americans, none of them have ever been deleted or have had the post rules pointed out to them, still I can take care of myself, so no worries

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Well, since I don't visit the Watercooler, I wouldn't know about whatever you have received. However, if anyone posts something, that goes against the forum rule that I posted as a reminder, then I will remove it too if I am alerted to it.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
It's happened on the main boards too, I'm surprised that you don't visit the cooler though, it is just an exchange of ideas

As these events aren't getting reported perhaps people in general are making your case an exception?

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Is it possible to ignore something by commenting on it :confused:

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Where did my post go - its good anglo saxon on a UK forum.

OK I could have put - If they are unsavoury characters they deserve a jolly good hiding. It doesn't quite capture my meaning though.

I couldn't have put it any better.

Surely the meaning is important? If someone has a more eloquent alternative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom