Philadelphia police give beating (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 10:36
Where did my post go - its good anglo saxon on a UK forum.

As usual the Americans have taken over this UK forum and now think they own it.

I have been called everything from a horses ass to a member of Hitlers youth - all by Americans - yet none gets reported. I dared to critisise an American here once and was reported and warned.

Usual US rules apply now? - one rule for the Yankees and one for the Brits.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
No wonder the average person in USA feels they have to carry guns on their person 24/7.

That's odd. It has been denied strenuously by Americans on this "American" forum that owning and carrying a gun is a rare event.

Are you saying this is untrue?

Col

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:36

I have been called everything from a horses ass to a member of Hitlers youth - all by Americans - yet none gets reported. I dared to critisise an American here once and was reported and warned.

Usual US rules apply now? - one rule for the Yankees and one for the Brits.

Col

ONCE!!!!!!

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
That's odd. It has been denied strenuously by Americans on this "American" forum that owning and carrying a gun is a rare event.

Are you saying this is untrue?

Col

The original message stated that Americans felt like carrying a gun, not that they were actually doing it.

Read the posts fully before responding.

That felt good :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The original message stated that Americans felt like carrying a gun, not that they were actually doing it.

Read the posts fully before responding.

Please do not change my posts then use them in your post stating it was my original post. It gives the impression the doctored quote is actually mine.

My original post
I dared to critisise an American here once and was reported and warned.

Your post showing your tampering with my post

I dared to critisise an American here once and was reported and warned.

If you must change a quote - kindly attribute it to you and not the original poster.

Col

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Please do not change my posts then use them in your post stating it was my original post. It gives the impression the doctored quote is actually mine.

If it is your position that 4 underscores constitutes "doctoring", I shall abide by your wishes.

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time

Did you know that it is possible to restrict access to ISPs from a certain country?
Perhaps you should take it up with the website owners.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Not true - If that was the case then you and Rich would have been out of here a long time ago. But, fortunately I have a lot of self-restraint - but don't go pushing things just to incite. It does nobody any good and there are no guarantees that it won't ever happen.

R

Rich

Next to power without honor, the most dangerous thing in the world is power without humor.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
If it is your position that 4 underscores constitutes "doctoring", I shall abide by your wishes.

"Doctoring" in this context means changing the original - the original was changed by you without permission or explanation that you had changed it.

The underscores indicate that I have given emphasis to a certain word - I did not give any emphasis, it was just part of a normal phrase I used.

Therefore, readers may attribute something to me which is incorrect.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Not true - If that was the case then you and Rich would have been out of here a long time ago.

So (lets get this straight) if it were the case that Americans thought they owned this site, Rich and I would be banned? :confused:

Surely then, the same must apply to certain US posters and one or two from other countries too.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Have they taken over this site or do they think they own this site? I am confused :(

So am I.

Why would Rich and I be banned from the forums?

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that from tomorrow evening, I won't be here for a week - I'm off to Spain - where the weather is considerably colder than it is here:rolleyes:

It's a little bit of R & R after my heart attack, I've passed all the post angioplasty tests, and can go back to work on the 21st. (I do voluntary work for the Ambulance service)

Have a nice week chaps and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Col

Local time
Today, 04:36
Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that from tomorrow evening, I won't be here for a week - I'm off to Spain - where the weather is considerably colder than it is here:rolleyes:

Wow! Sounds like fun. Have a good time.

It's a little bit of R & R after my heart attack, I've passed all the post angioplasty tests, and can go back to work on the 21st. (I do voluntary work for the Ambulance service)

Hope you're feeling better.

We'll assign someone to yank the American forum member's chains while you're gone.

Have fun.

statsman

Local time
Today, 05:36
So am I.

Why would Rich and I be banned from the forums?

Col

I believe Bob was alluding to the fact that some of your posts and some of Rich's posts in the past may have qualified for banishment. Bob is quite adept at expressing himself so I'm sure if this was not his meaning he will let us know.
You should have downloaded a few of the comments and showed them to your doctor. Some of the action/reaction may have qualified as a coronary test. :D
Good to hear you're back to 100%. Enjoy your holiday.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 04:36
I've had heaps of foul and abusive language heaped at me over the years by Americans
That's probably because they see you in the same light that I do: Just a punk kid that has nothing better to do in life than sit on this board and bit** all day long about how America sucks... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom