Summer Solstace (1 Viewer)

Local time
Today, 08:53
I'll try again, who is the He referred to in this part of the statement

Sorry, Rich. Now that the confusion over whether the capitalization was consistent enough, in my post "He" (and "he") referred to Jesus. Although the Bible doesn't capitalize "he" when referring to Jesus or God, many contemporary Christians have begun capitalizing to indicate they are talking about THE diety (as opposed to any old garden variety diety).

I really wanted it to be all perfect with the proper capitalization so I could zing you, but it got out of hand. I guess I'll stop trying to yank your chain (not).

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:53
Sorry, Rich. Now that the confusion over whether the capitalization was consistent enough, in my post "He" (and "he") referred to Jesus. Although the Bible doesn't capitalize "he" when referring to Jesus or God, many contemporary Christians have begun capitalizing to indicate they are talking about THE diety (as opposed to any old garden variety diety).
I didn't know that. When did the capitalization start?

Local time
Today, 08:53
I didn't know that. When did the capitalization start?

Not sure, exactly. In the 70s I started noticing it in various writers' work. Older writings didn't have it.

Update: I just googled "diety capitalization of pronouns" and got dozens of references. All seem to agree it is a recent phenomenon.

Last edited:

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:53
Not sure, exactly. In the 70s I started noticing it in various writers' work. Older writings didn't have it.

Update: I just googled "diety capitalization of pronouns" and got dozens of references. All seem to agree it is a recent phenomenon.
As a piece of trivia, it would be nice to be able to pin it down to a specific person and article.

I'm not bored today, honest.....:(

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 14:53
FYI: One of His disciples said he was the Son of God and He said they were accurate.
How do you know that. The only sources are documents written some time after the events and copied by people with a vested interest in proving their point. Not really very good proof.:rolleyes:

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
I have seen the one, true Barry! Let us join together in harmony and be sheltered in the Church of the Bluetube!

At last a convert!
Now you're talking Dan. Let's just forget all this true/false religion mumbo jumbo crap and just boogie on down!;)

Call_Me_Sam

Chief Imperial Navigator
Local time
Windoze Defender wouldn't let me open the site, something about it being based on fiction.....................

Rich, i'm surprised your pc let's you use it at all..deflecting you with BSOD and user error..you know your pc hates you for all that pawn you try to look at while its trying to do real work..:D

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
FYI: One of His disciples said he was the Son of God and He said they were accurate.

Thanks George. I didn't have the benefit of Religious instruction at school, kept getting thrown out of it :confused: That's cleared that up, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom