The Worlds Most Perfect Database (1 Viewer)

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:16
DRIVEL - Data Retrieval Integrated (with) Viable Eagalitarian Logic

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
I'm suprised that with the number of contribtors stating how things should NOT be, there are so few game enough to state how they should.

Rule 2: The highest salary in a company can be no more than 10 times the lowest

Some fine tuning - the highest Income derived from a company can be no more than 10 times the lowest

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Rule 3:

The entire Tax code (providing we intend to pay any) MUST fit on 1 (one) A4 page printed with 12pt Times New Roman

I assume most countries are as convoluted as the Australian model, where it is now so complex, even the Tax department can't explain it

Lil' Rascal

y = x
Local time
Today, 05:16
Rule 3:

The entire Tax code (providing we intend to pay any) MUST fit on 1 (one) A4 page printed with 12pt Times New Roman

I assume most countries are as convoluted as the Australian model, where it is now so complex, even the Tax department can't explain it
As they say, There are only two sure things in life Death and Taxes.

Individual users would love FIASCO if they weren't taxed. What if we taxed the companies but not the employees and based the tax rate on the number of employees and the companies contribution to the welfare of it's respective region that would motivate the cultivation of more eco and user friendly workplaces.

Is it safe to assume that the beneficiaries of this tax would be the creators and guardians of the Database?

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
It's starting to sound complicated already. I was thinking
Personal & Company tax 20%
Transaction Tax 10%

No exceptions or exemptions = no court cases

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Is it safe to assume that the beneficiaries of this tax would be the creators and guardians of the Database?

Probably a dangerous assumption - i might be able to create it, but that don't mean I am the best to administer it

Lil' Rascal

y = x
Local time
Today, 05:16
Maybe now is a good time to define the scope of the Database.

When you say Perfect database are we talking about a database that will contain and track everything?

If so taxes won't be a problem because we'd have all of the information about all of the assets in all of the world. Transactions would simply be routed through the database and the tax would immediately come out of the monies spent and into the Global Reclamation and Administration Fund.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
My goals are modest - just a simple little application that gets rid of all the crap that goes on in the world

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:16
I think we missed a perfectly good name for this...

Since Access is highly graphic and this is an all-encompassing database that overarches the entire world, how about

Graphic Overarching Database = G.O.D.

(With apologies for the concept to David Gerrold and "When Harlie Was One")

I think we need to have a little better salary range than as stated. Granted, not much more, but maybe just a little wider range. 10 x lowest salary is not that much in some regions. But certainly we could make a rule like pick the smaller of (1 currency unit x the number of employees who work below the person) or (minimum wage x number of actual steps between rank of lowest worker and highest worker.)

Now, as to the language, I think we should actually stick to having a multiplicity of languages because that way nobody will get anything done. And the USA's Thomas Jefferson said this a long time ago: The government that governs best governs least.

So it behooves us to have the participants be unable to easily understand each other.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Doc, your contributions always welcome.

G.O.D does have some appeal although might we not not get into copyright violations? I think somebody(s) are already using it.

salaries/benefits - I'm not sure why regional conditions should influence this. I have seen in many countries where Joe Average lives in a slum, while Maharajah Rancid Thing lives in a palace. Why should this be allowed to continue? If Rancid wants his palace, he can pay his workers better

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 12:16
G.O.D does have some appeal although might we not not get into copyright violations? I think somebody(s) are already using it.
It seems that several organisations are indeed using it but for apparently different thngs so it looks like it's up for grabs as soon as you sharpen your coding pencil and implement it.

On the subject of salaries/incomes why have differentials at all? After all I wouldn'tmind doing my bosses job for my preset salary and I don't think he would want to do mine even at his present salary. Lets face it. The top jobs are more fun than the menial ones. Who wants to be a toilet cleaner even at a good rate.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Citizens, decision time

Having decided to completely restructure the way the world operates, I have hit a snag in my structure:

Countries: Do they need to exist?

Culturally, I can think of a million reasons why they should

Logically (Government, finance, unions, humans rights etc etc etc) I cannot justify them, for me, 1 rule for all.

What are your thoughts?

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Re: Citizens, decision time

Countries: Do they need to exist?

Culturally, I can think of a million reasons why they should

What are your thoughts?
Yeah, but can you justify using Access for culture only? No logic in culture eh? ;)

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time

Yeah, but can you justify using Access for culture only? No logic in culture eh? ;)

Very true, but should culture be reduced to logic? I would hope not, otherwise we would be reduced to standard US sitcoms (if we haven't already)

Is there a way around this dilemma? Should Culture be Accessed or Access be flexible enough to cope with culture?

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time

Very true, but should culture be reduced to logic? I would hope not, otherwise we would be reduced to standard US sitcoms (if we haven't already)

Is there a way around this dilemma? Should Culture be Accessed or Access be flexible enough to cope with culture?
I say let the government rule. NOT. I just learned from the radio that 65+ year olds are going to competitors for my future job market because Obama can't even buy a piece of intelligence. :D

Culture means nothing if there is no limit to spending. :rolleyes:

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time

I say let the government rule. NOT.

OK, putting countries in the 'too hard' basket for now, let's turn our attention to a thornier issue:

How to decide who runs this project. Given all elections have degenerated into a popularity contest (ie who is promising me the most tax reductions) how are the most capable people are recruited to government?

ps - no more Presidents, Prime Ministers, Kings or Queens, our new leader will be the Primary Key

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:16

ps - no more Presidents, Prime Ministers, Kings or Queens, our new leader will be the Primary Key

Which one's the least likely to get corrupted?:confused:

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
One of my long held beliefs is that business / government should be run like successful sports organisations. That is, a VERY good coach, backed by a VERY good development team and a VERY good selection policy.

Immediately to mind, over a century or more, the New Zealand All Blacks rugby team(s)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom