The Qur'an (1 Viewer)

aziz rasul

Local time
Today, 03:49
I think our culture in general has gone way down hill because of the education system has been stripped of God and in it's place we have evolution pushed into their head.

I went to primary school at a time when we were never taught evolution, instead we were taught (at a nearby Christian protestant school) that

Jesus was the begotten son of God
Jesus died for our sins
That God consisted of three persons as a trinity
etc.

Frankly whether I was taught evolution or the above, in my opinion it would have come to the same thing i.e. FALSE teaching. Even at a very young age when the Christian minister came to the school and told us the above, it never sat right with me. Now that we know that these were not the teachings of Jesus (peace be upon him) or the Bible as a whole, it doesn't surprise me that I found these things unbelieveable. In fact, many things that Christians believe in are the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches.

This is where your lack of info on Jesus' ministry shows that you do not have the spirit in you.

Man is made of body and soul. What spirit are you talking about?

In Islam, we do believe in the Holy Spirit who is mentioned in the Qur'an, but he is referred to as the angel Gabriel who, among other things, was the angel who passed the words of Allaah to some of the Prophets.

97. Say, "Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel - it is [none but] he who has brought the Qur'an down upon your heart, [O Muhammad], by permission of Allaah , confirming that which was before it and as guidance and good tidings for the believers."
98. Whoever is an enemy to Allaah and His angels and His messengers and Gabriel and Michael - then indeed, Allaah is an enemy to the disbelievers.

Qur’an - Surah al-Baqara (The Heifer) 2:97-98

28. When thy Lord said to the angels: I am going to fashion a man (Adam) from clay, from moulded mud;
29. When I have harmoniously fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My Spirit (Gabriel), …

Qur’an - Surah al-Hijr (The Rock) 15:28-9

You scoff at miracles that confirm him as the Son of Man as he liked to call himself.
Where did I scoff at the miracles of Jesus (peace be upon him)? In fact the very first miracle that Jesus (peace be upon him) performed isn't even given in the NT. Qur’an - Surah Maryam (Mary) 19:29

Then will Allaah say: “O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the Holy Spirit (Gabriel) so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Injil and behold! Thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! Thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.'
Qur’an - Surah al-Ma’aida (The Table Spread) 5:110 See also 3:49, Acts 2:22;10:38

The so what attitude you have is not of the spirit.

Sorry, I just don't recognise what this spirit you are talking about!

There is a huge difference between a sinning prophet

Prophets are sinless. They make mistakes or errors of judgement but they don't deliberately disobey God intentionally. That is your belief.
Also, for ordinary Muslims, minor sins will be forgiven on the Day of Judgement, the major sins will be held to account and therefore that is why some Muslims will be punished in Hellfire and cleansed of those sins before entering Paradise for eternity.

Jesus said at his last supper:

112. Behold! The disciples, said: “O Jesus the son of Mary! Can thy Lord send down to us a table set (with viands) from heaven?” Said Jesus: “Fear Allaah, if ye have faith.”
113. They said: “We only wish to eat thereof and satisfy our hearts, and to know that thou hast indeed told us the truth; and that we ourselves may be witnesses to the miracle.”
114. Said Jesus the son of Mary: “O Allaah our Lord! Send us from heaven a table set (with viands), that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a solemn festival and a sign from thee; and provide for our sustenance, for thou art the best Sustainer (of our needs).”
115. Allaah said: “I will send it down unto you: But if any of you after that resisteth faith, I will punish him with a penalty such as I have not inflicted on any one among all the peoples.”

Qur’an - Surah al-Ma’aida (The Table Spread) 5:112-5

These verses strike me as very interesting because the companions of Jesus were shown many miracles beforehand and they still required more proof.

Gen 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.

The Qur'an tells (can't find the verse for the moment) that man is the best creation (after God of course). This is not unsimilar to Gen 1:26. However the interpretation that Jews\Christian place in this verse is not correct IMHO.

What the Muslim scholars say regarding this is that reason why we are the best of creation is because God who has certain attrivutes which He has potentially bestowed on us e.g., we can be Just, Forgiving, etc. We, of course, cannot posses all of God's attributes as some of these attributes belong to God alone e.g. He is the Originator of Creation, He provides life and gives death, etc.
It does not mean that we look like God physically as God doesn't look like His Creation.

You are simply listening to a confused man ...

I can confirm that I am confused by much of what you say. :)

aziz rasul

Local time
Like the Islamic person on this thread...

"Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."
Qur'an 17:81

And We have certainly created for Hell many of the jinn and mankind. They have hearts with which they do not understand, they have eyes with which they do not see, and they have ears with which they do not hear. Those are like livestock; rather, they are more astray. It is they who are the heedless.
Qur'an 7:179

And whoever Allaah guides - he is the [rightly] guided; and whoever He sends astray - you will never find for them protectors besides Him, and We will gather them on the Day of Resurrection [fallen] on their faces - BLIND, DUMB and DEAF. Their refuge is HELL; every time it subsides We increase them in BLAZING FIRE.
Qur'an 17:97

6. Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.
7. Allaah has set a SEAL upon their HEARTS and upon their HEARING, and over their vision is a VEIL. And for them is a GREAT PUNISHMENT.
8. And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allaah and the Last Day," but they are not believers.
9. They [think to] deceive Allaah and those who believe, but they deceive not except THEMSELVES and perceive [it] not.
10. In their hearts is DISEASE, so Allaah has INCREASED their DISEASE; and for them is a PAINFUL PUNISHMENT because they [habitually] used to LIE.
11. And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers."
12. Unquestionably, it is they who are the CORRUPTERS, but they perceive [it] not.
13. And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is THEY who are the foolish, but they know [it] not.

Qur'an 2:6-13

And you cannot guide the blind away from their error. You will only make hear those who believe in Our verses so they are Muslims [submitting to Allaah].
Qur'an 27:81

83. And [warn of] the Day when We will gather from every nation a company of those who deny Our signs, and they will be [driven] in rows
84. Until, when they arrive [at the place of Judgement], He will say, "Did you deny My signs while you encompassed them not in knowledge, or what [was it that] you were doing?"
85. And the decree will befall them for the wrong they did, and they will not [be able to] speak.

Qur'an 27:83-5

It is those who believe not in the Signs of Allaah, that forge falsehood: it is they who lie!
Qur’an – Surah an-Nahl (The Bee) 16:105

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:49
@aziz rasul - this is a technical question. It appears that you double-posted, i.e. #480 and #481 appear to be duplicates. You can delete your own post or I can delete it for you in a way that permanently removes one of the two posts and releases the memory of it. With no judgment intended on content, I can say there is no need for a duplicate post. Do you have any objections to one of the duplicates being removed?

aziz rasul

Local time
As far as scripture is concerned, the spirit of God is all throughout the bible...

Why does your spirit of God include contradictions in the bible?

Aziz and many Muslims see the people of the west and focus on those that bare bad fruit.

Well, the current culture and traditions of the west are rife in bad fruit. Let's together, try our best to change this bad fruit as you call it. 14th of February is approaching, what do you think will be happening on that day? Perhaps you should engross yourself of the bad fruit rather than complain of those who point it out to you.

All of us are going to be judged by God on the Day of Judgement. The sins of the Muslims will not be visible to the people as a curtain will be drawn, however the sins of the non Muslims will be exposed for all to see.

2. Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?
3. But We have certainly tried those before them, and Allaah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars.
4. Do those who practise evil think that they will get the better of Us? Evil is their judgment!
5. Whoever should hope for the meeting with Allaah - indeed, the term decreed by Allaah is coming. And He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
6. And whoever strives only strives for [the benefit of] himself. Indeed, Allaah is free from need of the worlds.
7. And those who believe and do righteous deeds - We will surely remove from them their misdeeds and will surely reward them according to the best of what they used to do.

Qur'an 29:2-7

35. O ye Children of Adam! whenever there come to you messengers from amongst you, rehearsing My signs unto you,- those who are righteous and mend (their lives),- on them shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.
36. But those who reject Our signs and treat them with arrogance,- they are companions of the Fire, to dwell therein (for ever).

Qur’an - Surah al-A`raaf (The Heights) 7:35-6 See also 3:90.

Who has created death and life, that He may test you, which of you is best in conduct; and He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving;
Qur’an - Surah at-Talaaq (Divorce) 67:2 See also 6:18.

“The one who guides to good will be rewarded equally.”
A saying of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

Even relatives of the Prophet (peace be upon him) will be judged. We know that two of the Prophet's (peace be upon him) uncles died as disbelievers and therefore will remain in hellfire forever.

1. May the hands of Abu Lahab (Uncle of Prophet) be ruined, and ruined is he.
2. His wealth will not avail him or that which he gained.
3. He will [enter to] burn in a Fire of [blazing] flame
4. And his wife [as well] - the carrier of firewood.
5. Around her neck is a rope of [twisted] fibre.

Qur’an 111:1-5

aziz rasul

Local time
Everything is a business galax. life is a business. you have to advertise religion somewhere. if not, then you are not trying to spread the good word. or in Christianity's\Paul's case, the false\evil\blasphemous word.

aziz rasul

Local time
Or in other viewpoints, the stuff you are spouting, which is pretty nonsense in its own right

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
If a prophet commits sin, does that prophet turn into a loss?
Col

Mike Krailo

Local time
Yesterday, 22:49
98. Whoever is an enemy to Allaah and His angels and His messengers and Gabriel and Michael - then indeed, Allaah is an enemy to the disbelievers.
"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves." Matthew 7:15

"For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect." Matthew 20:24
Me: I believe this is going to happen soon in a neighborhood near you.

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1John 4:1

"And what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds." 2 Corinthians 11:12-15

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 19:49
Neat Story about a music star who found Jesus, and is leaving the life of fame to start a church.
When you accept Jesus Christ and his Spirit comes to live in you, he bears witness - you receive so many spiritual gifts you know for sure God is real at that point.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 19:49
I'm the opposite of Doc. If someone really thought my life was to be saved and did nothing, I'd think him/her quite the unkind soul!
And honestly, I think Doc would too, he just can't bring himself to apply it to this context.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:49
Isaac, thank you for the indirect vote of confidence. I would like to think that in the presence of a real threat I might come to someone's aid. I am no hero and at my age, I don't know what I could do regarding physical threats.

However, I remain adamant that if I don't believe in a threat that there is no reason to try to save me from that threat that nobody can see, hear, feel, or otherwise detect. (The "otherwise detect" of course includes medical diagnostic tests.)

aziz rasul

Local time
When David committed a sin (adultery)

That is blasphemous in Islam. No Prophet ever committed a sin. Mistakes, yes but NOT sin, which is a deliberate act of disobedience to God.

aziz rasul

Local time

Mike Krailo, The 25 Prophets given in the Qur'an including Jesus were not False Prophets, but chosen by God.​

Those who attribute divinity to a Prophet are the ones who are in manifest error.

6. For those who reject their Lord (and Cherisher) is the Penalty of Hell: and evil is (such), Destination.
7. When they are cast therein, they will hear the (terrible) drawing in of its breath even as it blazes forth,
8. Almost bursting with fury: Every time a Group is cast therein, its Keepers will ask, "Did no Warner come to you?"
9. They will say: "Yes indeed; a Warner did come to us, but we rejected him and said, 'Allaah never sent down any (Message): ye are nothing but an egregious delusion!'"
10. They will further say: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we should not (now) be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!"
11. They will then confess their sins: but far will be (Forgiveness) from the Companions of the Blazing Fire!
12. As for those who fear their Lord unseen, for them is Forgiveness and a great Reward.
13. And whether ye hide your word or publish it, He certainly has (full) knowledge, of the secrets of (all) hearts.
14. Should He not know,- He that created? and He is the One that understands the finest mysteries (and) is well-acquainted (with them).

Qur’an - Surah al-Mulk (The Sovereignty) 671:6-14

6 articles of Faith in Islam.

1- The Oneness of God
God is One. He is the Supreme and Eternal, the Creator and Provider, the Merciful and Compassionate. God has no father or mother and no son or daughter; He has never fathered anyone nor was He fathered. God has no equal. He is the God of all humankind, not of a special tribe, race, or group of people. He is the God of people of all races and colours, and of believers and unbelievers alike. God is Mighty and Supreme, yet is very near to the pious and thoughtful believers. God asks us to know Him, to love Him, and to follow His law for our own benefit and salvation.

2- The Angels of God
Angels are pure and spiritually obedient creatures. God created them to fulfill His commands and worship Him tirelessly.

3- The Divine Revelations (Books)
Muslims believe in the revelations sent by Almighty God to His prophets and messengers including the Qur’an given to Muhammad, the Torah given to Moses, the Gospel given to Jesus, the Scrolls of Abraham and the Psalms given to David.

4- The Prophets of God
All of the messengers and prophets of God such as Noah, Moses, Solomon, Jesus and Muhammad were mortal human beings who were endowed with Divine Revelations and appointed by God to teach humankind how to submit to His will and obey His laws.

5- Resurrection after Death and the Day of Judgment
After the world ends, Muslims believe that all people will be brought back to life to face the Judgment of Almighty God. Muslims believe in an appointed Day of Judgment and in heaven and hell.

6- Preordainment (Qadar)
Muslims believe in God’s eternally pre-existent knowledge and that nothing in existence lies outside of His eternal control.

"The Messenger (Muhammad) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in God, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. (They say,) ‘We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers’ — and they say, ‘We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)’." (Qur’an 2:285)

Last edited:

aziz rasul

Local time
didn't I already say this? everything except Paul being false, that is.

Glad you picked up on the Paul bit. He said things that were the opposite to Jesus, hence the current so called Christians are mostly Paulians. It's the Muslims who are the true followers of Jesus (peace be upon him) and his fundamental teachings e.g.,

28 One of the scribes came near and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, he asked him, “Which commandment is the first of all?”
29 Jesus answered, “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel: the Lord OUR God, the Lord is ONE;
30 you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’
Mark 12:28-30

aziz rasul

Local time
However, I remain adamant that if I don't believe in a threat

There is a threat of damnation in hellfire for eternity for not accepting God, which you already know about.

Your attempt, when providing a video link, to show that a Qur'anic verse was wrong fell flat regarding an expanding universe, which explains your silence on the subject, especially when I corrected you on the true translation of the expanding heavens.

Your silence shows that you have seen the truth but arrogance and pride prevent you from acknowledging it. You are the definition of a disbeliver i.e., someone who KNOWS the TRUTH but turns away. This is in fact the definition of the Arabic word Kaafir i.e., someone who hides or covers the TRUTH.

99. [For such is the state of the disbelievers], until, when death comes to one of them, he says, "My Lord, send me back
100. That I might do righteousness in that which I left behind." No! It is only a word he is saying; and behind them is a barrier until the Day they are resurrected.

Qur'an 2:99-100

That Day, those who disbelieved and disobeyed the Messenger will wish they could be covered by the earth. And they will not conceal from Allaah a [single] statement.
Qur'an 4:42

And among them are those who listen to you, but We have placed over their hearts coverings, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And if they should see every sign, they will not believe in it. Even when they come to you arguing with you, those who disbelieve say, "This is not but legends of the former peoples."
Qur'an 6:25

Whoever accepts guidance does so for his own good; whoever strays does so at his own peril. No soul will bear another’s burden, nor do We punish until We have sent a messenger.
Qur'an 17:15

You [Prophet] cannot guide everyone you love to the truth; it is God who guides whoever He will: He knows best those who will follow guidance.
Qur'an 28:56

“So those who believe in Allaah and hold fast to Him – He will admit them to mercy from Himself and bounty and guide them to Himself on a straight path.”
Qur’an 4:175

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom