MS Access runtime won't open DB (1 Viewer)

rplohocky

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:59
don't think your registry entry is correct. You said you are using 2010 - that is 14.0, not 12.0. Also I don't think path is correct - should just be a path, no file.

suggest on your development machine open access the select file>options>trust centre. Then select trust centre settings. Then click on trusted locations and choose a path and save.

When done, open the registry and see what has been entered

Cj,
You are correct about the 12.0, I just didn't change that number when I sent it to you. I was always using 14.0. Either way I was able to get rid of the warning. I had the path directed to the DB, not the just the folder where it is stored. I no longer have the warning and everything is working as it should. Thank for your help along with everyone else! It's awesome that if I have a problem people like you are willing to help.

rplohocky

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:59
Hi,

Open you database in a full version with shift key and then press ALT + F11 together and you will be able to go into the VBA code window. Then click on Debug --> Compile Database. This process will compile all your VBA code. It will highlight your error code. Keep doing this process untill you get success. Are you using any API in your code? If so, you need to add ptrSafe.
Almahmood,
I understand that you are supposed to press and hold the ALT and F11 key to get VBA but for some reason that doesn't open VBA. Whenever I use VB in Excel I useally just go in through the development tab on the ribbon. I am new to Access and I'm trying to muddle through this project because I don't have very many needs for Access. I found out though after everyones help that I have learned a lot and could apply this app to other ideas. Everything is working now, thanks for the help!

papafrankc

Local time
Yesterday, 19:59
To make sure it 'fires up' in runtime you must have either an autoexec macro to open a form or select one in file>options>current database - display form.

CJ, you saved me with the fix above :) I've been working on trying to get Msaccess runtime to work for a few days now.

I didn't know you needed to have an autoexec file. Now that I think about it though, it does seem logical. I've been all over the web trying to learn how to get runtime to work and nowhere did I ever see that you need an autoexec.

I've been developing an application for the last few months and I was starting to get depressed to think that I may not be able to deploy it.

I wanted to give you a Thanks but I don't see how to do that? I'm new to the forum so I'm probably missing something.

Thanks again
Frank

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:59
happy to be of help - but it is an autoexec macro, not a file. Runtime has limited functionality such as no navigation window, not able to edit objects, no right click menus, etc. However you can write your own versions of these in vba.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom