3D Printed Meat (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:27
Made from plants!

No thank you, they can keep it! I'll wait until they can grow proper meat in a Vat and then turn that into "real" meat substitute.

I have yet to have any meat, or any other substitute item made from vegetables that tastes any good.

What's wrong with just eating the bloody vegetables?

ebs17

Local time
Today, 09:27
This is feed, not food. But the trend is going in that direction.

If at some point you throw some petroleum and dirt into a reactor and the T-bone steak comes out, then you no longer have to waste the vast land on agriculture and livestock, but you can then build even more parking lots and golf courses.

I eat vegetables myself. About two thirds of my food comes from my own garden, organic, ecological, regional.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:27
Times --they are a changing! I recall a decade or two ago when soy bean protein was "manufactured" into a string/strands which were then "knitted" into a pork chop shape or chicken part shape. Now we've advanced to 3D printed "meat" where you can customize shape, marbling.... Ain't technology great.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:27
I certainly make it a point to eat vegetables, but I so far have not found anything appetizing based on faux meat. I think part of it may be a matter of expectations of taste and/or texture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom