A Father’s Bragging Rights. (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

What do you mean by a "better life" after all by your own words you screwed yours up:confused:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 13:55
Rich said:
What do you mean by a "better life" after all by your own words you screwed yours up:confused:

To which example are you referring?”

R

Rich

jsanders said:
To which example are you referring?”
Jen I don't have the time or constitution to go through your posts, try the drink problem for starters

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Jen I don't have the time or constitution to go through your posts, try the drink problem for starters

Well that one ended almost 18 years ago, and since my grandfather and some of my uncles died from it. You could say that I did better then them.

By the way that's where the Irish and the native genes came from. No wonder they had issues.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 18:55
jsanders said:
If you are implying that I was bragging on my daughter… you are correct.
as usual you missed the point:rolleyes:
where I said "in general" I actually meant "in general" - it stands to reason everyone here will have inch-perfect kids whether its true or not, no-one would admit otherwise.

Many of the UK kids (when away from mummy and daddy) are a lawless bunch who terrorise, get drunk, take drugs, vandalise, steal cars and should generally be shot.
Other UK kids are so introvert they never go out.
Should kids have their own TV / PS2 and the like? who is to blame? society, parents, lack of corporal punishment? why do kids have no respect these days? should a cop be allowed to give a kid a clip round the ear?

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
as usual you missed the point:rolleyes:
where I said "in general" I actually meant "in general" - it stands to reason everyone here will have inch-perfect kids whether its true or not, no-one would admit otherwise.

Many of the UK kids (when away from mummy and daddy) are a lawless bunch who terrorise, get drunk, take drugs, vandalise, steal cars and should generally be shot.
Other UK kids are so introvert they never go out.
Should kids have their own TV / PS2 and the like? who is to blame? society, parents, lack of corporal punishment? why do kids have no respect these days? should a cop be allowed to give a kid a clip round the ear?

Col

I think now days parents are more concerned with nurturing instead of directing.

I truly believe this came about when the baby boomer shrinks looked back on their miserable lives and blamed all of their woes on mommy and daddy.

So in order to build a more perfect human, they choose to change raising habits instead of personal growth.

So now few children are disciplined because it might cause an unhappy memory.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 12:55
Rich said:
You must have grown up maladjusted then because that's what all the experts today say will happen:rolleyes: ;) :mad:

Well, look at him. He sure does like to complain a lot. ;) :D

KenHigg

Local time
KenHigg said:
You don't think you've ever mentioned it or you don't think you have any kids?

So Col, are you going to answer this?

R

Rich

jsanders said:
By the way that's where the Irish and the native genes came from. No wonder they had issues.
Now who's stereotyping, typical American, one rule for you and one for all else:rolleyes:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Now who's stereotyping, typical American, one rule for you and one for all else:rolleyes:

Actually Rich, alcoholism is proven to have a genetic tag. In more than one study of twins separated at birth, there was displayed a propensity to alcoholism.

So no, in answer to your short.

It was not a generalization is was supported by actual studies. You will have a difficult time educating me on alcoholism Rich.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Actually Rich, alcoholism is proven to have a genetic tag. In more than one study of twins separated at birth, there was displayed a propensity to alcoholism.

So no, in answer to your short.

It was not a generalization is was supported by actual studies. You will have a difficult time educating me on alcoholism Rich.
Stop trying to wriggle out of it, you pointed the finger of blame at the fact that they were Irish

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Stop trying to wriggle out of it, you pointed the finger of blame at the fact that they were Irish

It is a proven genetic connection. And don't forget I also said they were Indians. But Indians are American so why would you worry about how they feel.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
And don't forget I also said they were Indians. But Indians are American so why would you worry about how they feel.

:rolleyes:

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 12:55
What's with the rolling eyes? He explained himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom