Solved ACCDE for 32bit and 64bit Office (1 Viewer)

Pac-Man

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:00
Hello,

I created ACCDE file and shared it with few people to check and few of them are saying that they're getting error message that this database is build on 32bit version and can't run on 64bit version :(

By googling the issue, I found on various links that 32bit run only on 32bit and as do 64bit. So can i create an ACCDE which can run on both version. Or do I have to use another computer with 64bit office to create 64bit ACCDE?

Best Regards

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:00
Hi. You cannot compile an Access db into a single ACCDE file that will run in both 32- and 64-bit machines. (Unless, I think, maybe if you're not using any 64-bit APIs and compile it in a 32-bit machine.) So, you'll have to find a way to create two separate ACCDE files.

Pac-Man

Local time
Hi. You cannot compile an Access db into a single ACCDE file that will run in both 32- and 64-bit machines. (Unless, I think, maybe if you're not using any 64-bit APIs and compile it in a 32-bit machine.) So, you'll have to find a way to create two separate ACCDE files.
Hi @theDBguy Thanks for reply. I don't know anything about API's. I was to share ACCDB but postedthis question regarding holding privacy option for Untrusted database. I was suggested to share ACCDE instead of ACCDB due it's more security.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi @theDBguy Thanks for reply. I don't know anything about API's. I was to share ACCDB but postedthis question regarding holding privacy option for Untrusted database. I was suggested to share ACCDE instead of ACCDB due it's more security.
Well, re: APIs. Does you code contain anything like Private Declare PtrSafe blah blah blah? Is so, you're using APIs.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:00
Just to qualify @DBGs comments...
It doesn't matter whether or not you are using APIs.
ACCDE files will only run in the same bitness that they were created in.
So you will need a PC running 32-bit Access and another running 64-bit Access in order to create the two ACCDE files

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Just to qualify @DBGs comments...
It doesn't matter whether or not you are using APIs.
ACCDE files will only run in the same bitness that they were created in.
So you will need a PC running 32-bit Access and another running 64-bit Access in order to create the two ACCDE files
@isladogs Thanks for the clarification. I wsn't 100% sure about it. Cheers!

Pac-Man

Local time
If I make two ACCDE, then will it work with single backend file (with tables only) created using 32bit office?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:00
it will work.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:00
Yes indeed but do make sure the ACCDB backend is encrypted with a strong password

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom