Access error -query is corrupt (1 Viewer)

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:36
I see that there are fixes available. Does that mean that you have to download and install them on every computer rather than the problem being solved as automatically as it was created?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:36
I see that there are fixes available. Does that mean that you have to download and install them on every computer rather than the problem being solved as automatically as it was created?
That would depend on your Access version. Some you can download, others you have to use the manual update feature. But I think, to your point, they are all available as an auto-update feature, if you're willing to wait.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
That would depend on your Access version. Some you can download, others you have to use the manual update feature. But I think, to your point, they are all available as an auto-update feature, if you're willing to wait.

In my case it's Access 2010. My question is if I will have to go to every computer using my application (there are over 1000) and download and install or if it will deploy itself eventually.

In addition, many computers are locked down by IT departments who don't let outsiders tinker with installing or uninstalling things. It would be really nice if the solution would install itself as easily as the problem did.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:36
In my case it's Access 2010. My question is if I will have to go to every computer using my application (there are over 1000) and download and install or if it will deploy itself eventually.

In addition, many computers are locked down by IT departments who don't let outsiders tinker with installing or uninstalling things. It would be really nice if the solution would install itself as easily as the problem did.

Hi. The PC owner controls how updates are applied to their machines. If an organization has an IT department, then they are responsible for applying the updates. They also control how updates are applied. It can be automatically or manually. By default, it should be automatically. So, if your users didn't change the default, then all updates will be applied automatically (based on some schedule). Hope that makes sense.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. The PC owner controls how updates are applied to their machines. If an organization has an IT department, then they are responsible for applying the updates. They also control how updates are applied. It can be automatically or manually. By default, it should be automatically. So, if your users didn't change the default, then all updates will be applied automatically (based on some schedule). Hope that makes sense.

Perfect! Thanks so much! :)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:36
In case anyone is interested, the corrupt query bug came back for the third time on my home PC which has both Office 2010 and 365 installed.

Overnight Windows Update unsuccessfully tried for the umpteenth time to install Windows 10 v 1903.
After failing (as it always does), it rolled back to 1809 and with it the flawed Nov 12 update was reinstalled for Office 2010.
I've now reapplied the fix dated 27 Nov...hopefully for the final time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom