Access Reports and Evidence (1 Viewer)

gunslingor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:56
Hi all,

So we have a database used for baselining cyber assets (i.e. securing them with checklists), the database currently spits out 3 reports: device information report, device base-lining report, and regulatory standards reference.

External to this, we have two reports that are generated as word files: design review form and baseline data supporting device X.

My goal is to arrive at a single button that, when pressed, combines all this into one report. To achieve this I intend to:

1. Create a parent report that combines the 3 existing access reports.
  2. Generate a new subreport for this parent report that covers the design review form.
  3. Generate a new subreport for this parent report that covers the "baseline data supporting device X"
Everything is hooky dory and doable except the last one, which I need help with. The problem is that the word document contains a lot of screenshots, proving each device is baselined... so I can't just create a report.

I could move the screenshots into the DB as attachments, then I could generate the report easy, but this obviously isn't recommended if you know anything about access. This leaves a couple options:

• Store the screenshots/jpgs as discrete files, let the report assemble them via stored paths. I don't like this because it can get disordered and everything is currently in the word documents now.
  • Somehow attached the word document to the parent report as if it were an access report. Is this possible?
Any discussions, help, alternatives or anything is appreciated.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:56
Assuming your report is 'one at a time' you could have an unbound object control linking to the word document. You would need to store the path and name of the document in your db and update the SourceDoc property with this information - not sure which event, could be current or perhaps the onformat or onprint event for the section the control is in.

Not sure how you would handle word documents of different lengths - perhaps use zoom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom