Access User Menu (1 Viewer)

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:52
Hi
Is it possible to create a simple user menu for someone to administer a database. I think i heard it was switchboard or something, or is there any software that can do this for you. Preferably cheap or even free.
Thanks.

CarysW

Complete Access Numpty
Local time
The Switchboard manager is a feature in Access which is relatively simple to use. Which version of Access are using?

In Access 2007 it is located on the ribbon under Database Tools > Database Tools - I'm not sure where it is in earlier version....I can imagine somewhere like Database Tools ;)

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
Also using access 2007. Its actualy a record system for a preschool nursery and would like a simple menu as the users anrent very computer orientated. So a menu would be ideal.
If its possible. Is there anywhere that you can get premade databases either cheap or free?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

dbDamo

Registered User.
Local time
If you upload a copy of your database and tell me what you want on the menu then I will create it for you - you might want to delete any data first

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
OK thanks very much will start database asap then thanks.

dbDamo

Registered User.
Local time
No probs, will only take a few mins

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
just one wee question can you have say a shortcut on the desktop which they can just click and it opens up menu etc.

No hastle if not but only asking??
:D

statsman

Local time
Today, 18:52
I don't care for the switchboard myself so I usually create a blank form and populate it with command buttons to perform the various tasks.

dbDamo

Registered User.
Local time
I don't care for the switchboard myself so I usually create a blank form and populate it with command buttons to perform the various tasks.

Which is exactly what I do, and will do for thebigman!!!

thebigman - have a look at the database I uploaded in this thread - http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=178769

When the Database is opened, I run some code that hides the Access window so that only the menu is seen by the user. This stops people with no idea about Access from being able to do edit any tables, queries, forms etc, but you can still access the Database window by pressing F11 and clicking on the Access Task on the Taskbar.

If this is what you're after then I would be happy to also implement it into your Database

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
Exactly
will let you know when im ready thanks.
:D

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
I realy like this template from microsoft which i could probably addapt.

How can i make it run directly from a desktop icon.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• jacknjill.zip
    81.2 KB · Views: 104

dbDamo

Registered User.
Local time
locate your database via windows explorer, right click and select send to desktop

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
Can it not be made to run without showin access just the forms etc.
Thanks.

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
No
Thats beyond me I think.
Just started using access.
thanks anyway.

dbDamo

Registered User.
Local time
I can do it for you if you can wait until Monday, I don't have access installed at home

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
Well that would be excellent.

As long as i can still work on it. It is just for a preschool record system so it can wait. Buildings are closed here all weekend anyway we have been flooded.
:confused:

dbDamo

Registered User.
Local time
You can still work on it, just upload your latest version when you're ready and I'll do it

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
Its ok just do that one and i will carry on altering it later if thats possible thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom