Aligment using control layouts (1 Viewer)

Binworkin

Local time
Today, 08:43
I am creating a report and have used the Stacked control function which has helped considerably because I have a lot of fields in the report. However I am having some alignment issues. The attached screen shot highlights the issue:
1. RED: I have two rows of data, the top row is $ currency, the second row is standard number. Both fields are justified right but they dont align. The padding value for both are the same (though I am unable to edit the padding value anyway). Is it possible to achieve this alignment?
2. BLUE: solved.

Thanks

Attachments

• Layout Issues.png
    Layout Issues.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:43
Have you tried Print preview, Layout view does do some weird things, but generally if you set the control box to left / centre/ right aligned it just works?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:43
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
try this Format for the number that isn't currency:
#,##0.00" "
Access will take the quote marks out and still leave the space

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Welcome to Access World forums, Binworkin!

This issue actually has nothing to do with the stacked layout, or padding (fwiw, I set all padding to 0) -- it is because Access adds an extra space to the right of a currency formatted value

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:43
or, you can add code to the Detail section's OnFormat event, to format the Currency field (RU):

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
Me!RU.Format = Format(Format(Me!RU, "Currency"), "@@@@@@@")
End Sub

Binworkin

Local time
Welcome to Access World forums, Binworkin!

This issue actually has nothing to do with the stacked layout, or padding (fwiw, I set all padding to 0) -- it is because Access adds an extra space to the right of a currency formatted value

Hello Crystal - It's been a while but constantly editing padding and changing border gridlines etc and thought of your reply. Is there a way to save my default preferences to the property sheet so when I add a field its closer to what I need.

Thanks

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
hi @Binworkin

select the control type you want to set defaults for -- just for picking, not for creating
ControlsGroup.png

change the property sheet how desired -- this is for the Default Text Box
Properties_DefaultTextBox.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom