All good fun? (2 Viewers)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:13
KenHigg said:
Funny thing is I drive a hour to the club, spend endless hours in a tree stand in the freezing weather, never seeing anything, the bam one jumps in front of me 2 miles from the busiest airport in the world... Go figure :mad:

Deer says:

"Funny thing is I spend the whole winter getting shot at, baited and pulling arrows outta my arse. Get through the hunting season so decide to take a holiday, some a-hole doing 60mph+ at the airport carpark runs me down, I go head first through the windscreen and break two of my legs and he starts moaning about his luck" :p

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 08:13
selenau837 said:
Ahhh, thanks for the compliment. However I've always been, just no one noticed before. :p

Witty and modest. What a combo..:D

KenHigg

Local time
dan-cat said:
Deer says:

"Funny thing is I spend the whole winter getting shot at, baited and pulling arrows outta my arse. Get through the hunting season so decide to take a holiday, some a-hole doing 60mph+ at the airport carpark runs me down, I go head first through the windscreen and break two of my legs and he starts moaning about his luck" :p

:D That's good...:D

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
dan-cat said:
Deer says:

Thanks for the laugh

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Where have all the Brits gone - is it tea time :confused:

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
KenHigg said:
Witty and modest. What a combo..:D
Actually I'm quit humble and modest. I am my own worse critic when it comes to myself. I rarely give myself credit for my accompliments or intellect. So yes, I am quit a combo.

PS, don't forget elegantly attractive. :D

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:13
Rich said:
Why do you think the EU banned the import of seal products ?
Because Norway is doing it now, and they would rather buy from them....

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
The clubbing method is fairly effective, I wasn't denying it, it doesn't always work but neither does shooting a pig at point blank range apparently (ref Kens grandfather I think it was). It's barbaric and its a shame in the 21st century we (the human race) still resort to stoneage methods to kill seals. (thats my opinion anyway)
Actually it is more economics than other reasons.
If they cull 350,000 seals, do you know how much that would cost in amunition? Of course they would have to go for the cheapest ammunition, and now guess what, injury for lack of penetration. The club is cheap and effective, most likely more effective than inexpensive ammunition.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
dan-cat said:
Deer says:

Interesting, was this deer visiting, say from the UK?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
dan-cat said:
Where have all the Brits gone - is it tea time :confused:

You told me off for not working on my "todolist" yesterday, well I just got in from a hard session in the garden, pruning trees mainly and found I had a dozen pages to read to catch up.

Rich should be on the stage, we need some new comedians, politicians sensible , doing the right thing!, this lot have banned hunting foxes with dogs, any country person will tell you that is the most humane and selective way to do it, a fit adult fox will outrun a pack any time. The hunts take the old infirm and sick, the ones that cannot live as nature intended. Of course shooting is required in the suburbs.

Brian

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
You told me off for not working on my "todolist" yesterday, well I just got in from a hard session in the garden, pruning trees mainly and found I had a dozen pages to read to catch up.

I finished digging four holes in my yard for some tree planting last night. Wife didn't appreciate my joke about getting some practice in for when she passes on :confused:

Brianwarnock said:
any country person will tell you that is the most humane and selective way to do it, a fit adult fox will outrun a pack any time.

I did see something that I do disagree with fox hunting and that was when the fox made it back to his den safe and sound, the fricken redcoats (no offence :p ) fished the poor fella out with a couple of small dogs (terriers I think). Now if the fox is faster than your hounds then I think you have to give him his props and move on to the next chase, not say to hell with it let's dig the little sh*t out anyway. IMHO :)

selenau837

Local time
dan-cat said:
I finished digging four holes in my yard for some tree planting last night. Wife didn't appreciate my joke about getting some practice in for when she passes on :confused:

:eek: :eek: Oh my lordy mercy!! Did she beam you upside your head with the shovel???

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
selenau837 said:
:eek: :eek: Oh my lordy mercy!! Did she beam you upside your head with the shovel???

nah - she's always said I'll be safe because she's too lazy to dig the hole and too cheap to pay someone else to do it :p

selenau837

Local time
dan-cat said:
nah - she's always said I'll be safe because she's too lazy to dig the hole and too cheap to pay someone else to do it :p

Well I always told my ex what qualities I look for in my next husband. :eek: I suppose now I can dig out that checklist and start interviewing potentials. :D

So good with shovel should be a no correct Dan? :D

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:
Rich should be on the stage, we need some new comedians, politicians sensible , doing the right thing!, this lot have banned hunting foxes with dogs, any country person will tell you that is the most humane and selective way to do it, a fit adult fox will outrun a pack any time. The hunts take the old infirm and sick, the ones that cannot live as nature intended. Of course shooting is required in the suburbs.

Brian
I would think that you did some research before tagging me as a comedian on the subject Brian, I've never taken an anti foxhunting stance and I resent the charge. :mad:
In any event I'm afraid you're not correct, hunting with packs of hounds has been banned in this country, allowing those packs of dogs to tear either a fox or deer to pieces when trapped has been banned, fox hunting with two dogs is allowed, the stipulation now is that when the animal is caught it has to be shot and killed before the dogs are allowed to tear it apart.

However questions still remain and have never been debated in this country,
They are
Is fox hunting as we know it nothing more than a ritualistic bloodlust?
Is there a need to control the fox population, if it is then what is the best method?

Do you have a problem with the fact that the government whilst one hand resisted the calls to outlaw fox hunting all together made what I would say was the most sensible compromise, certainly given the fact that a great deal of the rural population here wanted no restrictions whatsoever.
Or do you think packs of hounds should be allowed to rip animals to pieces whilst their masters sit around watching with saliva drooling down their bloody lips, If that makes me stupid or a comedian then so be it.
Let me ask you this, why chase the fox or deer at all, why not just pull out a gun and shoot it to start with ?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
dan-cat said:
I did see something that I do disagree with fox hunting and that was when the fox made it back to his den safe and sound, the fricken redcoats (no offence :p ) fished the poor fella out with a couple of small dogs (terriers I think). Now if the fox is faster than your hounds then I think you have to give him his props and move on to the next chase, not say to hell with it let's dig the little sh*t out anyway. IMHO :)

This practice is banned by some hunts , but yes in many cases the hunts do contradict themselves in their arguments, Tony Blair wanted to licence and contol hunts rather than ban them, but this was a change to his approach that was too late to make it into the catch all bill.

Brian

R

Rich

KenHigg said:
Pardon my being blunt, but in my case, you are dead wrong on all accounts. Never saw the deer. One second, no deer, the next second bam. Now I may have been the exception, but anywho...:) :)

How fast were you driving in an area were it must have been obvious that there were wild animals in the area, were you by any chance rushing to get to the airport ?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Rich
You often make sensible points , but unfortunately surround them with drivel.

I never said anything about your views on foxhunting, I said that you were a comedian for suggesting that politicians were sensible people who do the right thing.

Leaving aside the emotive stance of your attitude to fox hunts the following statement is very valid.

Is there a need to control the fox population, if it is then what is the best method?

The answer if yes, which it probably is , is with hounds in the countryside, but obviously, by shooting in the suburbs.

Brian

PS I do know hunting with hounds is now banned.

Last edited:
R

Rich

lmnop7854 said:
and then have to be killed because they pose a threat to human drivers. I got a real problem with that.
Lisa

Yeah funny that, children, cats, dogs, pedestrians all pose a threat to drivers, I wonder how long it will be before it's justification to shoot them too?:rolleyes:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
I’m wondering why no ones mentioned catfish noodling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom