Are you ALL awake? (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 06:28
Funny I see it just the opposite. The people who have nothing better to do but to go around trying to BAN us from saying certain words because they're too scroogey to enjoy their tradition, that seems very sad to me. I'm sorry they have no family to enjoy these holidays with and thus want to make sure no one does
What I'm saying, and I agree mostly with you, is call it whatever you like - it's called 'Christmas', great - it's called 'Xmas', great, its called 'a pain in the ass', great. Does the man on the street care? No. They're worried about the mortgage, car payments, food increases, war, killing, murder, trying to stop your kids from smashing up Congress.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:28
Why have we let a noisy self absorbed minority
1) pretend it's "hatred" to disagree
2) pretend it's "phobia" to disagree
3) pretend it's normal to be forced to have discussions at work and in professional or social settings about what kind of sex a person likes to have???

Replace that discussion with the USA and the 1960s Civil Rights movement. In your point #3, replace the word "sex" with the word "skin." Now reconsider what you said.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 22:28
AB, please throw that link up, anywhere, every now and then just for good measure! We need to see it as much as possible

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
What I'm saying, and I agree mostly with you, is call it whatever you like - it's called 'Christmas', great - it's called 'Xmas', great, its called 'a pain in the ass', great. Does the man on the street care? No. They're worried about the mortgage, car payments, food increases, war, killing, murder, trying to stop your kids from smashing up Congress.
Col

I see your point, I just think that slow, gradual, point-by-point cultural degradation actually IS a big part of what causes people to not be able ultimately to pay their mortgages, food, killing, and crime.

Of course there will always be those who say it's because the government isn't giving them quite enough free stuff yet.

All of it matters.

Let's be honest for a moment. In your country, godlessness didn't strip people of every decent moral character. There was a sense of honor and dignity and hard work that seemed to persist despite.

In our country it's not that way. The further our society gets away from the basics of faith in God and value of together-families, the worse everyone's behavior gets, and the closer we get to anarchy and an ever-increasing percentage of society just flat-out LAZY.

Ok everyone, now dissect that - I'm pretty sure some will have much to say about it! Starting with some complex reason why we must deny reality and blame it on something else - white supremacy, racism, misogyny and the like.

But it's really super simple and can be boiled down thusly in many cases:

The ever-decreasing sense of MORAL RESPONSIBILITY is instantaneously filled with human nature's quite-ready IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT/BLAME.

That's it! It really is that simple. That explains the workforce, it explains job participation, it explains reparations, it explains literally everything to do with half of society seeing through the lens of "if you want it, work for it" - and becoming totally successful by doing so, while the other half deliberately refuses to do that and then claims it is proof that working doesn't work.

A wise man once said: "It works if you work it - but work it!"

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
trying to stop your kids from smashing up Congress.
Col

I agree that smashing up congress is bad, but I just think that the smashing up of American cities just about daily for a year after Floyd was killed is 1000x worse. You probably didn't see that on the TV, but it happened just the same.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Replace that discussion with the USA and the 1960s Civil Rights movement. In your point #3, replace the word "sex" with the word "skin." Now reconsider what you said.

Reconsidered, same result.

Forcing everyone to stand up and say that being gay has nothing to do with one's environment as a child, or forcing everyone to stand up and call a man a woman, or for that matter, forcing everyone to stand up and admire the Emperor's clothes.........not at all like disliking a race of people only because of their membership in that race. Not at all like segregation or committing crimes like assault and murder.

But let's play with it for a moment. If you have your way, based on your post, and everyone is physically forced to swear affirmation to transgenderism to the extent that they are trying to do now, then I suppose soon there will be job quotas, affirmative action, and TG's will be immune from criticism of any kind, like minorities are today.

Fast forward 50 years, and it won't be surprising at all when straight whites stage a movement of their own. Only that time, it will actually be based in reality - because after the sequence of events I have described, they actually will be an oppressed minority.

Do you see how trying to solve past discrimination with more new discrimination going in the reverse direction is not a viable solution? All it does is create a brief respite to salve the souls of the guilty, meanwhile creating new and ongoing vendettas.

People are already losing their jobs for refusing to stand up and declare that a man is a woman. Do you see why Christians see this as persecution?

More discrimination is never the right solution to past discrimination. Equality is.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 06:28
I agree that smashing up congress is bad, but I just think that the smashing up of American cities just about daily for a year after Floyd was killed is 1000x worse. You probably didn't see that on the TV, but it happened just the same.
We did see Floyd being held down by a policeman on the news at the time, then there were further updates of people holding demonstrations. But that's about it. Nothing new really, as we often see American police having killed blacks, to us in the UK, it's normal stuff in the USA. That's why we think everyone walks round like Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) carrying a magnum .44. (I do know that's not true, but it's the impression Americans give)
Col

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
We did see Floyd being held down by a policeman on the news at the time, then there were further updates of people holding demonstrations. But that's about it. Nothing new really, as we often see American police having killed blacks, to us in the UK, it's normal stuff in the USA. That's why we think everyone walks round like Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) carrying a magnum .44. (I do know that's not true, but it's the impression Americans give)
Col

You got the altered version then. It wasn't "demonstrations", it was rioting and burning (with dozens murdered and 1000's injured) in ~50 cities all across the USA for a straight year. Billions of dollars of damage was done, many innocents were killed and hurt, and in some cases (Seattle most famous), the "demonstrators" actually took physical/authority control of large sections of the entire city, the police and city government were unable to break it for the better part of a year.

So you got the one thing right- an American cop killed a black person - but the rest it sounds like you got the watered-down version that the liberal party here generally wanted people to have (which is a tiny slice of the truth).

Of course nobody riots or even complains, barely, of the fact that every day dozens of people are killed, with blacks represented in violent crime at double the proportional rate that whites are. I suppose if whites wanted to, we could start trampling around burning everything down in protest of that fact, but we don't..

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Every Christian should object to this. You cannot make Christ disappear because you disapprove of Him but we are allowing it to happen. One name change at a time.
What does it matter that you are Christian, if rather than embody mercy, you call for genocide in Gaza? Like, what is the value of your Christianity if in the face of a crisis you are cruel and spiteful in your ideals?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:28
you call for genocide in Gaza
You also don't seem to be able to distinguish between Hamas and its supporters and the smaller subset of the population that would be happy with peace.

Since Hamas hides its missile launchers and other military within schools, hospitals, and apartment buildings, does that mean that Israel doesn't get to fight back lest they injure "innocent" civilians? How EXACTLY can Israel make peace with people who will settle for nothing except extermination?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Forcing everyone to stand up and say that being gay has nothing to do with one's environment as a child

Your other points in this sentence were not objectionable, but there is an implication here that I missed earlier. It is HIGHLY likely that being gay is not due to environment issues as a child. We have had this discussion in other threads so I'll merely say that there is hard scientific evidence that relates to homosexuality as being a condition of birth due to brain structure issues, and the brain structure is determined before birth. Therefore, "environment as a child" is not a high-probability cause.

jpl458

Local time
Did any of you know about this?

Do any of you know that they are trying to get rid of BC and AD because they are religious terms?

I used to think of workism as some sort of distorted sexual prevention. But no, they are coming for us all.

They want to take down everything we stand for!

Workism??? What is that. Redefining the start date of calendars has been around for years. It's part of the LGBTQ plot, which is a subset of the deep state.

jpl458

Local time
It is the history books that are changing. No one in everyday conversation talks about BC and AD. And we don't say 2023 AD. By convention, we only refer to dates prior to Christ by using BC. Whether you are a Christian or not, the western world recognizes His life as the demarcation point. Changing the names of the two periods, is the first step to erasing Him. Every Christian should object to this. You cannot make Christ disappear because you disapprove of Him but we are allowing it to happen. One name change at a time.

The rest of the world doesn't use our Calendar so just whom are we offending?
The trick is making him appear.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
What does it matter that you are Christian, if rather than embody mercy, you call for genocide in Gaza? Like, what is the value of your Christianity if in the face of a crisis you are cruel and spiteful in your ideals?
Who's doing that?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Redefining the start date of calendars has been around for years
But doing so because of a hostility to Christ has picked up steam more recently. I think that was the point

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:28
Redefining the start date of calendars has been around for years
Some cultures use their original calendar for everything. Others use the western calendar for business to make it easier to interact with the Western world. This current version of the calendar was last adapted by Pope Gregory around 500 years ago to take into account the problem with the Julian calendar having gotten out of sync with the actual seasons. Both the Julian and Gregorian calendars separate the calendar into the time before Christ and after Christ so they have a basis in Christianity. Taking Christ out of the calendar is what changing the names does. There is no other reason for the name change.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Who's doing that?
Pat stated in a different thread that Gaza should be "glassed." I asked if she was advocating genocide, she doubled down.

In this thread, Pat seems upset that the name of Christ is being erased by pop culture.

So I ask, what matters about Christianity? Does Christ give crap if his name is attached to year zero? Does Christ give a crap if his adherents call for genocide? Where does the actual value of Christianity occur?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Where does the actual value of Christianity occur?

Before I answer this question, I will point out that you can ask the same question for EVERY religion, and the answer is always the same.

Where does the actual value of Christianity occur? In the minds of its followers.

Now, reframe the question to put other religions in place of Christianity and/or to consider those religions in modern or ancient times.

Any and all benefits start from the minds of the followers, whether those benefits are interpersonal behavior, donations, or charitable works.

Any and all detriments also start from the minds of the followers, whether those detriments are open hatred of non-conformants, persecution, attacks, or acts of genocide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom