Authenticating user using their ID card (1 Viewer)

spudracer

Here and there
Local time
Today, 03:04
I know it's possible, and I don't even have this thing built yet, but I want to create a database that utilizes the user's ID card to authenticate them and tie any changes to their name.

If not that way, using their stored information (SSN, or other ID) as a means of creating a username/password.

I've never messed with creating different user levels in Access so this is uncharted territory for me. Any help is appreciated!

spudracer

Here and there
Local time
Thanks! I'll give it go!

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
No problem, will be here if you have questions!

spudracer

Here and there
Local time
I'm not at work now, but every person has an identifying number tied to their ID card. They use this to login vice a username/password.

I'm not looking to complicate it by making them register a username and password, but simply have any and all changes made (tracking/updating personnel) tied to the person who made the change.

Let me rewind a little.

Networked computers where users login via ID card and pin. Users open database (not necessarily logging in) and update status of employees under them. The person making the change can be anyone that has access to the folder on the network, but any changes made will store the "username" of who last updated that employee's status.

I think your process gets me halfway there, but I don't really need them to login to use it.

I'm kicking around your method though, as an alternative to what I was trying to do.

spudracer

Here and there
Local time
I will definitely give this a go in the morning. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom