Automation on Server (1 Viewer)

Samantha

still learning...
Local time
Today, 06:46
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows if this is possible. A co-worker wants to be able to set a specific email address that will automatically insert attachments into the file folder on the server.

We have a server onsite running windows active directory and use windows exchange for email. For files each job has a main folder then 16 sub folders. I am thinking there are too many variables to make this work.

If this is possible what term is it referred to as?

Thanks,
Samantha

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:46
Hi Samantha. This sounds like a broad subject. Are you asking if this can be done on the Exchange Server or maybe a PowerShell script?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:46
Please clarify
set a specific email address
For files each job has a main folder then 16 sub folders
Do you mean your user/s receives an email with attachments from a specific email address and those attachments are placed in one or more of 16 subfolders?

Or do you mean your company has a specific email account that receives emails with attachments from multiple senders - and those attachments need to be stored in one or more of 16 folders?

Or something else?

Code:
that will automatically insert
automatically when? When received into an email folder/many folders? or perhaps click of a button when the email is opened? something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom