Bad Day (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 06:17
I went to:

Toys are us to by some toys for the Grandkids, and they are out of business. They were right next to Office Depot, so I decided to buy a new office, but they don’t sell offices or depots. That seemed odd but I figured the best place to find a home office or a home depot would be Home depot. They looked at me kind of funny and said we don’t sell offices or depots. I was a little disillusioned but decide a ride on the subway would cheer me up. No rides were available. I said there must be a secret being keep from me, so I went to Victors Secrets to find out what the secret was. I was in shock. It didn’t look to me like they were trying to keep a secret. Next, I went to BestBuy to buy some program to protect me against Y2K. The clerk didn’t know what Y2K was. Doesn’t he know in a few weeks all of the programs for computers will fail, and the sky will be falling. Everybody seems to be living in a strange world, and I am the only one who is sainn, sein, saain, or sain or something like that????

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:17
So.... Dick, when you were doing all of this shopping, did you drive on the parkway and when you got home, did you park on the driveway?

Could be worse, you could be In Seine, which means you would be drowning in a polluted Parisian river.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:17
Have you ever put the davenport out on the breezeway?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Did you try to get a shack with a radio in it by any chance?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
OK, Dick, all that talking about going around shopping earlier brought me to this "oldie but goodie" for Christmas shoppers.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
10:4 Memories. 56 years ago I was all excited about CB radios. Radio Shack was the place to go. and 10:56 to you
Got my, now long lost, CB radio there. Moved up to Ham radio. Couldn't find 10:56, maybe 10:65?
Surprisingly, here in Morehead City, some guys doing Home Security and other similar electronics (requiring serving the customer at the customer's location) opened their store under Radio Shack banner. So it would appear that there are a few Radio Shacks in operation.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Got my, now long lost, CB radio there. Moved up to Ham radio. Couldn't find 10:56, maybe 10:65?
Surprisingly, here in Morehead City, some guys doing Home Security and other similar electronics (requiring serving the customer at the customer's location) opened their store under Radio Shack banner. So it would appear that there are a few Radio Shacks in operation.
Just looked up old 10 code. Could not find 10:56 either, or even anything that resembles it. After 50 years the memory goes. Whatever the number it meant have a good day.

Mike Krailo

Local time
10-51 to 10-59: I am not a trucker and am saying 10 followed by a random number.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
10-56 is in the range where the organization can assign a "local" meaning. So is 10-65.

In some police venues, 10-56 is "Intoxicated Pedestrian" or "Unruly crowd" or "Attempted suicide" or "Drunken driver." 1-65 is "Armed robbery" or "Exposure" or the more innocuous "Awaiting next assignment."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom