Can anyone help me? (1 Viewer)

rudy78

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:46
Hello,
I've just started with Access and SQL databases.
I've now created an input window with mostly y/n check boxes and drop down lists.
Now i like to save my data in my main dB after I've ented the data. However I use another dB to get names using the drop down lists. How can i save the those name (using the drop down list) together with all other info in my main dB?

My second question is that i'm using Access 2002 but i dont seem to have the toggle button option in my tools palette nor the tab option. Is that normal? When i search using the help both of them DO come up in the help..

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:46
Hello,
I've just started with Access and SQL databases.
I've now created an input window with mostly y/n check boxes and drop down lists.
Now i like to save my data in my main dB after I've ented the data. However I use another dB to get names using the drop down lists. How can i save the those name (using the drop down list) together with all other info in my main dB?

My second question is that i'm using Access 2002 but i dont seem to have the toggle button option in my tools palette nor the tab option. Is that normal? When i search using the help both of them DO come up in the help..

I'm having trouble understanding your post.
When you say Main db do you mean table or database (.mdb file)?
Input Window? Is that a Form.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I think I get the gist here. You have a form that contains check boxes and drop down lists and your drop down lists gets its data from a table. You would like to know how to save those records onto your main table?

Look under More Controls if you don't find the toggle button as default.

rudy78

Registered User.
Local time
I'm having trouble understanding your post.
When you say Main db do you mean table or database (.mdb file)?
Input Window? Is that a Form.

You are right in both occasions. Sorry but i'm only a beginner.
I have a form. I want to use it to input data. Although some of the data has to be managed by myself and i've created a table called name which only consists of a unique number field and a name field, some of the data of the name field should be saved into the main table called 'data table'.
in the form I'm also asking to input a number and several Y/N checkboxes.

I have created a save button to save all the input in the main table called 'data'.

However i cant understand how to safe the data input from the name table into the data (main) table. :eek:

rudy78

Registered User.
Local time
I think I get the gist here. You have a form that contains check boxes and drop down lists and your drop down lists gets its data from a table. You would like to know how to save those records onto your main table?

Look under More Controls if you don't find the toggle button as default.

yes you are right in the first part.
do you know how to do it? or can you get me on the right track?
It's like an entry form where you being asked to enter a coutnry or state and you will have to pick it from a (drop down)-list.

I've looked at more controls but that takes me to all programs that i've previously installed on my PC like quicktime, skype etc.

rudy78

Registered User.
Local time
All the data will be data that can not change except for one field. that has to be changed (time). so i guess it is unbound??

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
If your form's Record Source is that of your table then it will automatically save. Using the navigation buttons, if you click New and enter records they are saved automatically.

rudy78

Registered User.
Local time
well. i've added the delete, new and save button to the form and only one record can be saved when pressing the save. new/delete and save do not work after that.

rudy78

Registered User.
Local time
I've tried to create all above in a page first. now i'm trying to do it in a form. this means i can use toggle buttons as well as tabs.

However I'm confused now. I'm not sure if the people who will use my database will have MS access installed. i thought that using a page means i can use explorer to access the page....

Maybe i should know what the difference is between a page and a form?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
However I'm confused now. I'm not sure if the people who will use my database will have MS access installed.
I would have thought that would have been agreed between yourself and your users?

Code:
Page in terms of the Tab control or Access Pages? You would be better off performing a quick search on google for that.

rudy78

Registered User.
Local time
I would have thought that would have been agreed between yourself and your users?

Code:
Page in terms of the Tab control or Access Pages? You would be better off performing a quick search on google for that.

1 I have agreed this that it should become a stand alone application...

does this mean that a page can be viewed and used using a browser like IE? and a form needs to be used within Access?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom