can forms capture a whole screen?? (1 Viewer)

toaster045

UK_Student
Local time
Today, 12:13
hey

I've got a splash screen that after 5 seconds will open a main menu but i was wondering is there anyway i can get them to open on full screen (so i loose the ribbon, taskbar, etc) something like viewing a powerpoint? but then if a key combination is pressed it'll minimise to the normal view - i've been through some setting but can't find anything obvious.

thxs in advance

Edit: browsing the forum i found this thread : http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=547577 regarding the issue and as a result i've been able to set the form to pop up but i don't know how to adjust the size so that it capture the whole screen if someone could point me in the right direction i'd be gratefully thxs in advance:)

Last edited:

thunder

Just Want To Know More
Local time
Today, 04:13
i was to say yes but unfortunately no because access as it is a private program that goes to microsoft so they must make the menues and scroll bars appear so they keep the upper hand on all the users not like Visual Basic

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:13
If you're doing something simple, like the splash screen you mentioned, Bob's method will probably work fine, of course! Just be aware that the form you see in Design View will not be the form you see when you run the form. Things that were centered in Design View will no longer be centered! You'll have to play around with the control's, adjusting their positions, run the form, re-adjust the positions, and so forth.

The only way to see the same thing in Design View as you do when you run the form is to follow the advice from the thread you cited. Set the form to Popup, in Design View make the form larger, tweak the position, run the form, and repeat until you get it about the size and position you want.

It's a lot of work, the first time, but then what I'd do (actually what I did a long time ago) was to do this with a completely "blank" form, with no controls. After I got the form to cover the entire screen, I saved that form and named it "FullScreenTemplateForm." I then copy it and use that as start of any forms I want to run in "full-screen" mode.

toaster045

UK_Student
Local time
Set the form as Popup and in the form's On Open Event put

DoCmd.Maximize

But, also which version are you using? If you are on Access 2007, you'll probably need to change to cascading windows from tabs in order for it to really work.
http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main...tochangefromtabbedforms/tabid/81/Default.aspx

Sorry for the delay in this reply been stupidly busy.

Thank you for the help and that's a great site got some really useful point :)

Anyhow having used the pop up setting and the DoCmd.Maximize I got this error when opening the database. Any ideas?

And to be sure i checked the design view and the setting were still in place.

I really appreciate everyones help (on all topics) so thxs.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Wow, I actually laughted out loud. Thanks for that.

In the properties box, in open, there will be a drop down, select the phrase "code", Im not exactly sure the exact wording on that.

Once you select that, the click on the elipses (...), and a new window pops up. This is vba. Right where your cursor start, type your code. It will look something like this.

Code:
Form_on open
docmd.maximize
end sub

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 04:13

In the properties box, in open, there will be a drop down, select the phrase "code", Im not exactly sure the exact wording on that.

Once you select that, the click on the elipses (...), and a new window pops up. This is vba. Right where your cursor start, type your code. It will look something like this.

Code:
Form_on open
docmd.maximize
end sub

I'm guessing based on Speakers86's response, because I can't see the screenshots as they are blocked by my workplace, but you might need this visual for what he had said:
http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/QuickTutorials/Wheretoputcodeforevents/tabid/56/Default.aspx

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
I don't think you can go into Properties - Events and in the OnOpen event simply place =[DoCmd].[Maximize].

The square brackets indicate a field to Access, which neither DoCmd nor Maiximize are.

You need to sorta go in the direction 86 indicated, although in a different sub. Go into the code module for your form. From form Design View, click on

View - Code

and when the code window comes up, paste in
Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
  DoCmd.Maximize
End Sub

And yes, you can learn a boat load of important, useful stuff from Uncle Bob's site!

toaster045

UK_Student
Local time

No prob :)

I think my age and experience really does count against me some days:(

Code:
Form_on open
docmd.maximize
end sub

Worked a treat thank you :)

Now just have to centre all the images, labels, etc :confused:

P.s. on a side note that BTAB Development site is really good some great stuff even for basic people like me to learn. one question though under books sections you recommend I saw Beginning Access 2007 VBA but reading the reviews it doesn't appear that people rate it well would this be worth getting to learn the basics? (seeing as people on here often quote solutions in code and VB).

Last edited:

CEH

Curtis
Local time
Today, 06:13
Just a side note for ya.... Any of the books Bob has are good... My suggestion for a first book would be whatever is the easiest read for you.... Dumbies series makes an 8 in one I think... Read the simple ones then move to the more in depth ones. One thing I found and find very handy is converting Macros. Create a Macro, fairly simple, then run the Access utility to convert it to VBA.... I found that to be a great way to learn VBA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom