Canadian annual seal clubbing (2 Viewers)

Local time
Today, 06:01
W8 m8. Maybe 'es 'enry 'iggins 'imself.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 12:01
Every 20 years or so the French government goes to great trouble to try to deAnglisise the French language. Last time around they came up with "l'Image Cathode Ray" to replace Television. Didn't catch on but they keep trying.

LOL, our government should try that, de-French the English language. :D Oh, wait a minute, we'd all be left with nothing to say! Where would we store our water? Our air craft would have no middle sections. Lucky for the farm animals though, there would be nowhere for them to go to get slaughtered :cool:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
That's not counted as correct English. The Scottish are almost as bad as the Americans, nobody south of Stirling can understand what the hell they are on about.

Col

That's because they are all Sasanachs!!

Actually, if you want to hear English spoken properly you really want to visit Orkney. I think it might be something to do with the highland clearnaces :mad:

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
That's because they are all Sasanachs!!

Actually, if you want to hear English spoken properly you really want to visit Orkney. I think it might be something to do with the highland clearnaces :mad:
Also because they spoke Gaelic as their first language. So there English grammar was school taught and therefore correct not like that ugly dialect spoken to the east of London

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The laughter you hear is us laughing at you

That's good - you finally understand. If we can't have a laugh then it's a sorry state. I even laugh at some of the stuff I post.

Col

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
That's not counted as correct English. The Scottish are almost as bad as the Americans, nobody south of Stirling can understand what the hell they are on about.

Col
As over half the population of Scotland live south of Stirling I would respectfully query the accuracy of that statement.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
As over half the population of Scotland live south of Stirling I would respectfully query the accuracy of that statement.

I went to Stirling once for a conference. Nice castle. Shame about the bagpipes, they really are disgusting things.

Fortunately, I didn't have to talk to many Scottish people as most of the delegates were English.

Col

statsman

Local time
Today, 07:01
I went to Stirling once for a conference. Nice castle. Shame about the bagpipes, they really are disgusting things.

Fortunately, I didn't have to talk to many Scottish people as most of the delegates were English.

Col

I'm glad to see you continue to expand yourself. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom