Canadian annual seal clubbing (2 Viewers)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 06:51
I see the annual seal clubbing to death sport has started in Canada. They need to cull 245,000 seals.

Obviously the best way is to club the babies to near death and skin them alive to sell the pelts to the asian market. No reporters have been given permission to view this sport - I wonder why?

Anyone on the forums here who likes killing innocent animals heading up there to get their fix of joining in a good slaughter?. . . . .

Clubbing a baby seal and skinning it whilst alive has got to be better than shooting an innocent deer.

Col

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:51
There are dozens of other seal hunts in the world where the seal pups are killed in exactly the same way. Why is it always the Harp seal pups off Newfoundland that gets the press and the hackles of the public raised?

Simple, the Harp seal pup is CUTE.

The native peoples of Alaska and Siberia do the same thing with the Bering seal. Why no press. The Bering seal pup is ugly as sin.

PS - do a Google on the Bering seal...nothing. Not a single site dedicated to stopping this slaughter.

secretcrowds

Registered User.
Local time
I see the annual seal clubbing to death sport has started in Canada. They need to cull 245,000 seals.

Obviously the best way is to club the babies to near death and skin them alive to sell the pelts to the asian market. No reporters have been given permission to view this sport - I wonder why?

Anyone on the forums here who likes killing innocent animals heading up there to get their fix of joining in a good slaughter?. . . . .

Clubbing a baby seal and skinning it whilst alive has got to be better than shooting an innocent deer.

Col

you idiot.
sick

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
There are dozens of other seal hunts in the world where the seal pups are killed in exactly the same way. Why is it always the Harp seal pups off Newfoundland that gets the press and the hackles of the public raised?

Simple, the Harp seal pup is CUTE.

The native peoples of Alaska and Siberia do the same thing with the Bering seal. Why no press. The Bering seal pup is ugly as sin.

PS - do a Google on the Bering seal...nothing. Not a single site dedicated to stopping this slaughter.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Much the same as fox hunting. It's not the fact, it's the how that gets people's backs up.

statsman

Local time
Today, 01:51
You would prefer they were pushed out of windows?
Archie Bunker on gun control.

Actually the seal "harvest" (horrible word) is an international black eye for Canada. Sum Guy has a point however. If the Harp seal wasn't cute and cuddly, how many people would care. The seal hunt has been going on for over 200 years. It was only when Brian Davies found out he could make loads of cash out of it that it was brought to the world's attention.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
you idiot.
sick

"you" should have a capital "Y" as it is the starting letter of your eloquent phrase.

"sick" should have a capital "S" as it is the first word after a full stop.

Oh dear, work to do here I fear. Is English your first language?

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
There are dozens of other seal hunts in the world where the seal pups are killed in exactly the same way.

I've not heard of any - can you list some please so we can check your statement?

Col

sbenj69

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:51
Well, I've done my part, just like billions of others, by not clubbing a seal today.

Well, I guess we could ask GW to nuke Newfoundland. :)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
You would prefer they were pushed out of windows?

As long as the windows are on the ground floor. ;) Or, they could send them on the same package tours we send our cows, sheep and pigs on, to the bovine holiday camp...

secretcrowds

Registered User.
Local time
"you" should have a capital "Y" as it is the starting letter of your eloquent phrase.

"sick" should have a capital "S" as it is the first word after a full stop.

Oh dear, work to do here I fear. Is English your first language?

Col

what? :rolleyes:
who the fuck are you telling me how to type?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
I've not heard of any - can you list some please so we can check your statement?

Col
There certainly have been seal pups clubbed to death some time ago on the Orkney Islands. There was some film of it on BBC news. Just because you haven't heard of something doesn't mean it's not true.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Much the same as fox hunting. It's not the fact, it's the how that gets people's backs up.
Actually I think with fox hunting it's the who that is the real problem.

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time

Eloquent.......

Why is it that the posters who are so quick to wade in with insults are the most thin skinned themselves?

If your literary skills were as good as you seem to think, you would have seen that the first post in this thread was heavily ironic.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Actually I think with fox hunting it's the who that is the real problem.

Hmm, maybe we're coming at this from different sides of the fence ? As I recall it was all about how the foxes were hunted and ripped apart. I'm sure there were a few die hards who were just in it to stick it to the wealthy, but they really were in the minority.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Hmm, maybe we're coming at this from different sides of the fence ? As I recall it was all about how the foxes were hunted and ripped apart. I'm sure there were a few die hards who were just in it to stick it to the wealthy, but they really were in the minority.
I am not in favour of hunting but many of the active antis definitely had a class agenda. People in fancy clothes on horseback do appear to be toffs.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

Oh dear, oh dear you seem to have a problem. I'm not telling you how to type, a chimp can type. I'm advising you what is grammatically correct.

The "w"'s in both "what" and "who" should be capitalised.

Also, please bear in mind this is a family forum, so no need for the F word.

Col

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:51
I hear they make for a great steaks. I may also buy a seal hat.

By the way, I've yet to meet anyone who wants to hug a cockroach. Has anyone else met such person?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom