Cecil (1 Viewer)

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:44
How does everyone feel about Cecil. To me its such a shame an arrogant selfish man deprived an animal of its life, denying other tourists the chance to see the rare animal, for his own personal thrill.

He also has too much money and uses it incredibly selfishly.

Drop him off in Syria and let him get his adrenalin going by being the hunted I say.

I'm no animal rights fanatic by any means.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I can't believe the hippocracy, billions of people in the world dying because of a lack of food, education and people up in arms about a lion. Get some perspective on it for Christ sake.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 15:44
I have no issue with hunting - but this does go beyond that and is there not the death penalty for Poaching ... if so
let justice do its thing -

Hunting should be done for food not sport /entertainment (or pest control)

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
I can't believe the hippocracy, billions of people in the world dying because of a lack of food, education and people up in arms about a lion. Get some perspective on it for Christ sake.

I have plenty of threads here on ISIS, Palestine etc - I don't remember you offering an opinion on any of them. My perspective is fine thanks.

Perhaps his 35k could have helped out with education, aid, rather than killing for a trophy?

But you think my perspective is wrong. hmmm

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Hey its not so much the death of the lion - its the deliberately enticing it out of the park -to kill it that's a bit unsporty
and yes if the money spent killing the lion went to education it might sit a bit easier on people's moral compass.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
He's a Dentist, sit him in a chair and pull his perfect Porcelain Veneers off, one by one without any numbing and lets see how brave he is then....

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
His address and telephone number is doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment..

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 18:44

Yes, because everyone knows you can only be concerned about one thing at a time, and are allowed only one change of chosen cause per week.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
When I first heard the story I thought it was about a dentist that had been working on a Lions tooth and the lion had died!

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
When I first heard the story I thought it was about a dentist that had been working on a Lions tooth and the lion had died!

People would still be upset, but likely not AS upset.

Besides, one of the surest ways to piss people off is to hurt animals, especially any that they consider cute or even impressive. I've consistently seen larger responses from animal cruelty stories than stories about murder, torture, and the like.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I presume this is a deliberate typo?
Wasn't deliberate! Wish it had been. I use the speech recognition application on my mobile and sometimes it makes some interesting typos.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Sorry excuse of a human. Paying all that money to kill a defenceless animal as a trophy?

(I would say this about any animal personally as I am an animal person :) )

Libre

been around a little
Local time

This is just so wrong.

Billions of people, billions and billions and billions.

And 35000 lions - sorry, 34999.
And those who get "up in arms" about the cruel killing of a rare, endangered, and majestic animal for one immoral person's selfish pleasure - we don't have the proper perspective.

And here we are, billions of people hellbent on a path to destroy much of what is beautiful and fine on this earth forever, to make room for even more billions of people, and/or to make more billions of dollars for a few people, and those that decry this wholesale pillaging of our world, we need to get some perspective on it. For Christ('s) sake.

Last edited:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
You can care about more than one issue in the world. Millions of people dying or animals being hunted are not mutually exclusive! I'm so sick of hearing people try to use that as if that belittles having a position on the hunting of this poor lion.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
The dentist is claiming that he thought everything was legal and correct. Apparently the guides lured the lion out for him to kill. Of course I think if you really want an exciting hunting trip. Try killing the lion with a spear (talk about up close and personal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom