Combo box choosing option - weird (1 Viewer)

gazsharpe101

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:13
Hi everyone,

I am hoping this is a simple one.

I have a combo box with a list of customers and when I choose one it brings up their record on screen. It is an editable combobox i.e. when I click in it, if I want the customer Steve Smith for example, instead of having to scroll down the list, I can start to type in Steve and it brings up the record. This works fine, but for some reason it doesn't bring up customers with names beginning with I. For example, I have a name Kevin Robinson, so when I press 'K', it brings up the first record with the name K, but when I then press 'e' to go to the name Kevin, it goes back to the top of the list.

Any ideas why?

Thanks.
Gareth.

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
The only way I can think of this happening is that somehow the list that populates the combo box is frozen in time and doesn't show records created after the list. What is the record source for your combo.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
do you have some event reading each keypress, or an onchange event

normally, you would only use an afterupdate event with a combobox

gazsharpe101

Registered User.
Local time
Hi and thanks for your replies.

As I don't want the rest of the form to allow edits, I have the combobox allowing edits when it gets focus and not allowing edits when it loses focus. I have an afterupdate event that finds the relevant selected record to bring up the details but other than that I don't have anything.

I have tried a copy of the database on someone elses machine and if they type 'k' then 'e' it brings up kevin on their machine.

Very strange :confused:

Thanks.
Gareth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom