Command Button in Nav Form Not Working (1 Viewer)

xyba

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:55
Can a functioning command button be added to a navigation form?

I'm asking because I've added an exit application button underneath the left hand vertical tabs to quit the application, rather than having one on each subform.

However, when I "click" the button nothing happens, it doesn't appear to be selectable, though enabled is set to "Yes".

Is it some quirk to do with Nav forms which means the command button can only be placed in the header, or something like that?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:55
Hi. It depends on how you created the button. Did you create a new one or did you copy and paste from an existing button?

xyba

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. It depends on how you created the button. Did you create a new one or did you copy and paste from an existing button?

Hi. I created it using the wizard.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:55
did you add some code on it like docmd.quit.
you can also add another NavigationButton to the navigation form.
on its Click event: docmd.Quit.

xyba

Registered User.
Local time
did you add some code on it like docmd.quit.
you can also add another NavigationButton to the navigation form.
on its Click event: docmd.Quit.

No, I didn't. But I've just deleted the original one and replaced it in exactly the same way, using the wizard and it works.

Strange.

Thanks for your help arnel and DBGuy

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. I created it using the wizard.
Hi. This tells me you created the button while in Design View of the Navigation Form. You may have to give us the exact steps you used to create the button and added it to the Nav Form and test it, so we can see if there's a misstep somewhere. Typically, you would use the Layout View to design a Nav Form, but you can use the Wizard in this view.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
No, I didn't. But I've just deleted the original one and replaced it in exactly the same way, using the wizard and it works.

Strange.

Thanks for your help arnel and DBGuy
Oh, looks like you posted while I was testing it out for my reply above. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom