Conditional Formatting Issue (1 Viewer)

Lochwood

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:00
I have an issue with conditional formatting. This is a simple rule when the field is populated with a number upto 100, it has a green bar that goes up based on the value. works fine when i open the continuous form but if i then use any filter buttons, the conditional formatting doesn't work. this also happens to me with other single forms in other databases. Is this a bug in Access 2016?

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 09:00
my filtering retains the formatting.
Not sure what your 'green bar goes up' means.

HalloweenWeed

Local time
Today, 09:00
my filtering retains the formatting.
Not sure what your 'green bar goes up' means.
I think he means the "compare to other records" option in conditional formatting. Personally I've never used this feature, but other conditional formatting (background color) works fine for me with sorting & filtering.
CondFormatCompareBar.jpg

I am unsure how this would react when values are filtered, with the "longest bar" and "shortest bar," I wonder: is the entire recordset considered upon filtering, or just the filtered records (lowest/highest of the filtered records)? There is similar options for "percent" and "number." Anyway, I have no other help.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. I just tried it using 2016, and the CF bars worked fine even when I apply a filter to the continuous form.

PS. The CF (bar length) seems to consider the Form's entire recordset, not just the filtered ones.

Lochwood

Registered User.
Local time
yeh can see this working.. for some reason when i choose a filter or reset it back to original query i lose the conditional formatting. i f i use a solid colour and not the bar its fine. must be something to do with how it compares the record set. i will default to a solid bar. this works.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
yeh can see this working.. for some reason when i choose a filter or reset it back to original query i lose the conditional formatting. i f i use a solid colour and not the bar its fine. must be something to do with how it compares the record set. i will default to a solid bar. this works.
Hi. Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom