Conditional formatting (2 Viewers)

anthonyphillips

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:05
Hi Guys

I have created a rpt that shows the status of projects. Three flags, Major, Minor and Acceptable. I have set the conditional formatting to fill with red, amber and green but they dont show on the report. Can anybody help please.

Thanks

Ant

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
It would be helpful if you could let us see the code you have used for your conditional formatting.

anthonyphillips

Registered User.
Local time
It would be helpful if you could let us see the code you have used for your conditional formatting.

That may be a problem, I am not very good with access and used the report wizard, i then selected the field in design view and set the field values to equal Major, Minor and Accept.

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 03:05
My first guess is that you have a criteria wrong. Hard to tell with the limited info you've posted. Can you post a screen shot?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
That may be a problem, I am not very good with access and used the report wizard, i then selected the field in design view and set the field values to equal Major, Minor and Accept.
So how would it know which colour you want?

anthonyphillips

Registered User.
Local time
So how would it know which colour you want?

ok, sorry

I have set the conditions in access wizard so that the "Field Value is " "Equal to" "Acceptable"

If the field then matches this criteria it fills it green, or should.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Can you post your DB here so we can see what the actual issue is. Remember to do a compact and Repair and then ZIP it to post it.

anthonyphillips

Registered User.
Local time
Can you post your DB here so we can see what the actual issue is. Remember to do a compact and Repair and then ZIP it to post it.

Of course, errrr how do i do a compact and repair please.

Thanks

Anthony

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
I don't have A2007 here so I can't give instructions for that. But in earlier versions of Access you'll find it in Tools --> Database Utilities --> Compact and Repair. I expect it is somewhere similar in A2007

anthonyphillips

Registered User.
Local time
ok, i have compacted, repaired and zipped. It is not complete but need to run this report for a meeting so started building it today.

Thanks

Attachments

• new.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 111

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
There was no conditional formatting set. I have now set it on the Status field. See attached DB to see what I did.

Attachments

• new.mdb
    320 KB · Views: 94

anthonyphillips

Registered User.
Local time
thank you very much, however i had set the conditional formatting as i went through it about 5 times before posting on here. Strange.

My thanks again

Anthony

wilpeter

Canadian enthusiast
Local time
Today, 02:05
I also am interested in that option and tried to access that attached file, here in Canada, but received the message that it was from outside my intranet or from an untrusted site. Is there a way for me to view the file here?

wilpeter

Canadian enthusiast
Local time
Today, 02:05
Sorry for by ignorance here. Would that be (for XP) with the Firewall/Security or elsewhere? I see no Help item for it in Windows or in Access. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom