Cool gadget... (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

-- - but you don't get those in domistic houses (well not often)

Anyone who has a combi or gas power instantaneous water heater can have one, without the cost off an additional electric circuit

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 18:25
-- i want a wash not a jet scrub...(yeah i had showers with these - great - but you don't get those in domistic houses (well not often)

I think Rich is talking about the supply coming direct from a combi boiler.

Brian

D*** Rich replied whilst I was typing

Last edited:
R

Rich

I think that you will find that 20 minutes under a power shower uses considerable less water than a bath, and lets face it 10 minutes is long enough, plus the water in a shower is considerable cooler than that in a bath thus saving power.
If you don't believe me, and you can, try filling the bath using your shower on its normal setting.

Brian

I put the plug into the bath the other day and after a normal shower the bath was half full:eek: When my daughter asked if she could shower the tribe I told her to half fill the bath and share it between the three of them:D

It's not a "power shower" by the way but mains fed;)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 13:25
I know I'll regret asking this but what is a 'power shower'? All we have are cold and hot water lines going through a mixing/on-off valves then out the shower head.

???
ken

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Hmm , I can no longer try as I don't have a bath, but a few years ago I when I did it I was not much more than ankle deep in tepid water.:(
It was an old shower, but I hadn't expected that much difference but can't argue.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I know I'll regret asking this but what is a 'power shower'? All we have are cold and hot water lines going through a mixing/on-off valves then out the shower head.

???
ken

The water is pumped to give a greater flow, and avoid pressure variation problems.

Brian

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 10:25

???
ken

Power shower - depends on your set up
but basically involves a pump and forcing the water at you a higher pressure than normal (jet wash)

:-Any shower that is in some way pumped is often referred to as a power shower. This type of shower will require tank fed cold and hot water supplies. These supplies should feed only the pumped shower and particular care needs to be given to the configuration of the hot supply pipe work to insure there is no ingress of air into the pump. Different manufactures have different ideas as to how this should be done so to avoid warranty problems follow their installation instructions carefully.

GaryPanic

Local time
so in essense this states you need a hot and cold water tank and the pump - pumps it with more forvce the force depends on how pink you wwant your skin to be - a little too much and you end up in the room next door - too much and your neighbours get a good look-

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 13:25
Power shower - depends on your set up
but basically involves a pump and forcing the water at you a higher pressure than normal (jet wash)

:-Any shower that is in some way pumped is often referred to as a power shower. This type of shower will require tank fed cold and hot water supplies. These supplies should feed only the pumped shower and particular care needs to be given to the configuration of the hot supply pipe work to insure there is no ingress of air into the pump. Different manufactures have different ideas as to how this should be done so to avoid warranty problems follow their installation instructions carefully.

Ah... I kinda figured this. So I assume the quality of the shower experience is better (and costs more) and thus considered an upgrade to a water system?

R

Rich

so in essense this states you need a hot and cold water tank and the pump - pumps it with more forvce the force depends on how pink you wwant your skin to be - a little too much and you end up in the room next door - too much and your neighbours get a good look-

Considering most of them are rated at OneBar that's highly unlikely;):D

GaryPanic

Local time
Hmm , I can no longer try as I don't have a bath, but a few years ago I when I did it I was not much more than ankle deep in tepid water.:(
It was an old shower, but I hadn't expected that much difference but can't argue.

Brian

its cos your smelly ... (lol)

the more forcefully shower s douse up a bit more water - i did what Rich suggested and yes there was more water than i imagined - not quite half a bath but enough for me to think hold on - i could of share a bath with my partner (always good fun that - as long as i don't get the tap end) and it would of use less water..

R

Rich

Ah... I kinda figured this. So I assume the quality of the shower experience is better (and costs more) and thus considered an upgrade to a water system?

How do you get your hot water now? The tanks being talked about here are now becoming obsolete and are being ripped out on a daily basis:eek:

GaryPanic

Local time
Considering most of them are rated at OneBar that's highly unlikely;):D

Beef em up a bit .... my waters supply is on at 4.5 bar then regualted down - but hell a little tweak - (lol)

R

Rich

Beef em up a bit .... my waters supply is on at 4.5 bar then regualted down - but hell a little tweak - (lol)

You can't alter a Power shower pump;) in any case they're not connected to the main supply

GaryPanic

Local time
Rich is right the move now is to combi boilers that heat water as you require it - A larger version of the electric shower - however on a gas basis ( these combi boiler are meant to be super efficent who knows ?) anyway the current thought is why heat water and not use it (storage) heat it as you need it ...

GaryPanic

Local time
You can't alter a Power shower pump;) in any case they're not connected to the main supply

give me time , a screw driver and an old drill I'll get the sucker going ...might need strong pipes though ,reenforced taps.. ..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom