Cool gadget... (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

Rich is right the move now is to combi boilers that heat water as you require it - ...

Oddly although I scratch a living out of repairing and fitting them I wouldn't have one as a gift:eek:;)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 21:39
Oddly although I scratch a living out of repairing and fitting them I wouldn't have one as a gift:eek:;)

7 years so far with one and apart from a few problems (me i went a drilled into a pipe- _ I had to re-pressurise it 4 times )...
mind you my old boiler - was almost victorian but worked- noisey old beast - i didn't mind the noise - but then i was up when it was clonking

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:39

Interesting, I refused to have one when our bathroom was redone a couple of years ago as I knew 3 people with them who all said that if somebody else draws water in the house then the shoer is affected, is that still true of the latest models.?

Brian

GaryPanic

Local time
Interesting, I refused to have one when our bathroom was redone a couple of years ago as I knew 3 people with them who all said that if somebody else draws water in the house then the shoer is affected, is that still true of the latest models.?

Brian

I don't know - but it effects the electric shower reduces the flow and the water gets suddenly hotter i end up doing the fandango dance and screaming like a girl ...

R

Rich

Brian

Yes and not only that by the time the water has heated through the secondary heat exchanger gallons have already gone down the sink that's aside from reliability of them:eek:

R

Rich

7mind you my old boiler - was almost victorian but worked- noisey old beast - i didn't mind the noise - but then i was up when it was clonking

New pump, cleaner and stats. would have kept the old one going for another twenty years, you will not get that length of service from anything made in the last ten years:eek:

GaryPanic

Local time
moved house .. wasn't really an option...lol

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
New pump, cleaner and stats. would have kept the old one going for another twenty years, you will not get that length of service from anything made in the last ten years:eek:

Don't knock it the poor quality will keep you in takeaways for life. :D

Brian

GaryPanic

Local time
Now Brian - don't start - (I was going to do the same thing- )

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Yes it's a foregone conclusion that tonight is chinky night, it's what to wash it down with that's the problem:confused::cool:

It has to be beer or a powerful red, Chianti or Rioja work. My youngest's bloke drinks white but I end up thinking its water and after 3 bottles end up plastered. :D

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
A nice bottle of Gurwitzermeiner goes brilliantly with a chinky.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 00:39
For what point exactly?:confused:

You enter what a kwatt/hr cost and it will tell you what an old appliance cost to run. Or anything that plugs into the wall really. My brother is going in half and among half a dozen homes in the extended family it sohould be a good investment.

R

Rich

You enter what a kwatt/hr cost and it will tell you what an old appliance cost to run. Or anything that plugs into the wall really. My brother is going in half and among half a dozen homes in the extended family it sohould be a good investment.

Yes but are you prepared to throw everything away, why not just buy newer efficient equipment anyway?:confused:

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 00:39
Please what? The link as posted works on my side - ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom