Corona status (2 Viewers)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:01
Ah, THAT explains why you have spent so much time looking for jobs.
how do you know how much time I have spent old man? I haven't spent but maybe a month or two why would you say something like that? Furthermore there are so many different people in this world for somebody not to find a job outside of programming is virtually impossible in this day in age. It looks like there is yet another comment of yours that I can just ignore unfortunately

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ok, a question - is the American healthcare system good? Or do you pay insurance because there's nothing better?

Col,

Having never been under a non-American healthcare system, it is hard for me to make any serious comparison. I would say offhand that the current American system works for those who are reasonably well employed, but is spotty for those who have, for various reasons, not found a good enough job to at least be "comfortable." The combination of Medicare plus a decent supplemental plan results in my having no out-of-pocket expenses for doctor visits but my pharmacy plan is probably not the best I have had. I will probably seek to change plans at my next option period (which is once per year).

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, you have spoken many times about jobs where you would need certain training and were contemplating your career path. But then again, in your other posts you repeatedly emphasize that you were "just having fun." And we have seen from your own posts in other forums and sites that you enjoy stirring people up. So... I guess you were lying to us all that time that you were asking about employment issues? Wouldn't put it past you.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
And we have seen from your own posts in other forums and sites that you enjoy stirring people up.
now THAT I don't remember. would you care to reference one? If I remember right, I've only posted ONE link to a thread in another forum, and that was the one @isladogs used to identify me this time around. It was to the Dream.In.Code forum, remember? and I believe it had something to do with the security of the database connections with regard to operating mobile apps.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:01
Here Señor Adam

fb1.JPG

fb2.JPG

fb3.JPG

fb4.JPG
post.JPG

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
@moke123 there is ONE example in there, I suppose. so yes, I guess richard is corrrect. but then again, the ONE image I'm pointing to that you have referenced, was meant to teach you corporate people about what might be coming your way if you give away too much of your own information. if I remember right, the "stirrup up controversy" comment on FB was more of a joke than anything. but I'm certainly not surprised that someone like you, or anyone else in this place, would take it literally since you guys have a severe problem with seriousness. like all developers though, of course. it's an industry issue. paranoia is also an issue.

that comes to another point too...how long have you stored those images of mine from FB? that was a long while ago that I posted that. did I copy that image to this place? is that where you got it? furthermore, are you preparing to sue me? :rolleyes:
Can a citizen call FBI and talk to them?
anyone can call the FBI if they have an international calling plan. but I must warn you Tera, they don't tolerate mis-spellings and poor grammar in the FBI, CIA or NSA. they are more paranoid than your type of person. and they are overly serious about everything. case in point, regarding the type of work they do:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:01
anyone can call the FBI if they have an international calling plan. but I must warn you Tera, they don't tolerate mis-spellings and poor grammar in the FBI, CIA or NSA. they are more paranoid than your type of person. and they are overly serious about everything. case in point, regarding the type of work they do:
Huh? That was random.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
to teach you corporate people

like all developers
What makes you think we're all corporate people or developers?
Another dim witted comment Señor Adam. Wish I saw it earlier as I just got off a Zoom meeting with an FBI agent. I'll let him know you said hi when I speak to him next week. I also happen to know an analyst.
that comes to another point too...how long have you stored those images of mine from FB? that was a long while ago that I posted that. did I copy that image to this place? is that where you got it? furthermore, are you preparing to sue me? :rolleyes:
Look at my signature line. Be afraid.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I guess the answer would be yes, at least in southern California
there are field offices everywhere, genius. LOL. :p but you won't get further than talking to an operator or phone agent.

I also happen to know an analyst.

Look at my signature line. Be afraid.
you know an analyst. and I should care, WHY? the government is too busy to give a shit about a nobody like me as richard has said so many times. but then again, based on my 3 phone calls there already, I'm sure they have been analyzed long ago at this point. kind of like those recordings the NSA did? or maybe are still doing?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, in another post you said you had no regard for me. I believe from the responses above, you have seen that you aren't doing so well in that category either. I pity you for the jokes you claim to have not gotten, the advice you have chosen to ignore, and the scorn that you have earned. More than once I have told you that you are your own worst enemy. Nothing you have done lately changes that opinion.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 12:01
Is healthcare in the USA free for people of pensionable age? Or do you still have to cough up every month out of your pension? (either the state pension or private pension) also, what about children? I'm guessing you have a family type cover.
Col

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Col,

" The combination of Medicare plus a decent supplemental plan results in my having no out-of-pocket expenses for doctor visits but my pharmacy plan is probably not the best I have had. I will probably seek to change plans at my next option period (which is once per year).

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Col,
Obamacare was the substitute for Medicaid, not Medicare. Medicare is the health insurance for people collecting Social Security or disability. Medicaid is what poor people get and and reimburses providers at the lowest rate so in any given market, you will have few options for a PCP or other providers but I believe all hospitals have to accept it.

There isn't a two-tier health care system in the US although the uber rich always have special treatment with hospital accommodations Most hospitals have gone to single or double rooms rather than wards so even the poor shouldn't have more than a single roommate and if their illness is contagious, they'll get a single.

The Congress and the public were sold a bill of goods regarding the cost of emergency room care. Hospitals, especially, have multiple tiers of pricing.
1. What they would like everyone to pay. This is almost always unrealistically high but it is what they will bill you if you are not insured and what they will try to collect if they take you to court to attempt to collect.
2. The price negotiated with insurance carriers. This will vary by insurance company depending on how good the negotiators are.
3. The published Medicare reimbursement amount
4. The published Medicaid reimbursement amount.

Here's an example. I had an accident a few years ago and was rushed to the emergency room via ambulance. My carrier at the time was Medicaid (long story. ask if you're interested) which reimburses at an extremely low rate but produces great reports. So, in the end, I got to see exactly what the hospital tried to charge and what my insurance actually paid. Since this happened during the lead up to passing the ACA, it was especially interesting.
$10,200 for two CT scans. One of my head and one of my neck. Medicaid paid $700 for both. $450 each is the going rate at the walk in.
$3,000 for a doctor to read the CT scans. Medicaid paid $500
$8,000 for the plastic surgeon. Medicaid paid $3200
$1,600 for the ambulance. Medicaid paid $350
etc for a total of $35,000. The total of the reimbursements was < $5,000. Since I had insurance, the providers had to accept the Medicaid payments. However, if I had no insurance, the hospital would have billed me $35,000 and that's what I would have had to pay because I have property and income so they could have gotten a judgement. Usually they will negotiate with the uninsured but in my case, they probably wouldn't have due to my income and assets. Anyway, as an uninsured, whatever I didn't pay, they would write off as a loss. Realistically, their loss should have been the average of the prices negotiated with insurance companies which would have been around $20,000 and Medicare would have paid around $15,000. That's how they inflated the cost of covering the uninsured and sold Congress on voting for the ACA because it would FI.

The problem for the uninsured is long term illness and the ACA did nothing to fix that. Nor did it do anything about the multi-tier pricing. Published rates would go a long way toward keeping rates lower. For example, who would go to Bridgeport Hospital and pay $5100 for a CT scan when they could get one at the Radiologist's for $450? People don't shop because it is difficult and the fact that most plans actually hide the cost of care makes the insured not even try. In fact, the insurance companies have a perverse incentive to keep rates high. Their profit is a percent of the premiums paid. If the cost of services rise, they just increase their premiums which earns them more actual dollars. That Medicaid plan I was on for two years was the only insurance I ever had which did such a good job of presenting the cost of service. The reports I get now from Medicare and Humana are confusing and disorganized. so the cost differential is harder to see.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 12:01
Gosh, those are eye watering figures Pat. I see now when or if we visit, we have to take out insurance for several million, just in case.
I'm sure if one is a US citizen, it's not as complicated as we foreigners think. It just seems alien to us.
Col

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I think I will just be happy to continue paying $50 for a 2-4 of beer.
If you don't get that, then I'm saying our health care coverage comes from taxation. Anyone who says Canadians have free health care doesn't know how it really works.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
We should start with the 85 million who are either not insured or under insured, then move on to the more complex issues.
Gosh, those are eye watering figures Pat. I see now when or if we visit, we have to take out insurance for several million
Yeah make sure you have adequate coverage when you travel. When I go to Mexico I take out extra insurance.

BTW I pay for life insurance also, I don't expect the government to bury my sorry ass. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom