Coronavirus - are we all doomed? (3 Viewers)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
That's already happening Mr owner. The hospital in my town has a sealed every single door in every building they have in the city except for the main entrance near the fountain. Now how freaking stupid is that!?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Disease progression has been studied extensively in the past, with diseases ranging from Swine Flu to Ebola. Corona has done a lot of damage to those who are vulnerable, but most people feel it as a mild type of flu. So they get it, recover from it, and presumably can't be a good vector for further spread, since they will have (at least short-lasting) antibodies. Once Corona runs out of people who CAN spread it, it will die out. From the few reports coming out of China, that is happening. Which means there is an end in sight.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Corona = Mexican Beer.
Corona = Virus from China

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Unfortunately, with my liver condition and age, either version would not be good for me. For the record, my liver condition is Non Alcoholic Steato Hepatitis, which is NOT liver damage due to alcohol abuse. But alcohol WILL make it worse anyway, so... no beer for me tonight.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Unfortunately, with my liver condition and age, either version would not be good for me. For the record, my liver condition is Non Alcoholic Steato Hepatitis, which is NOT liver damage due to alcohol abuse. But alcohol WILL make it worse anyway, so... no beer for me tonight.
I don't drink beer. come to think of it, I don't drink anything. maybe I should. then the devil would quit bothering me overnight. =)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:20
There is some talk that it could become a seasonal thing, like flu. This guy has some very good information:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 20:20
I am heading back to the Lions Den today from the States. The stupidity of it all is disheartening.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Also, the airport looks like a set from one of those zombie apocalypse movies. My flight to DC has less than 20 people on it

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
That explains a lot. I don't trust anyone who doesn't partake 🤣
that's because you're not faithful. :) but I HAVE been known to down a Smirinoff Ice once in a while at a bar.. Does that count? and please, don't tell me it's a woman's drink!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:20
My flight to DC has less than 20 people on it

My employer is a transportation provider. We get bookings and cancellations daily from Expedia, among others. Typically 300-600 bookings a day and 25-50 cancellations. This morning 175 bookings and 145 cancellations. People are staying home.

I had dinner at a sports bar last night with some friends and was surprised to see reports on the various events that will be done without fans. Formula 1 race, college basketball tournaments, etc. I'm half surprised them make the players travel, but I'd guess the television money is too much to pass up.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
The college in my town is requesting that students take classes for the next two weeks online only and not come to the school buildings. Now that's freaking stupid

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:20
Now that's freaking stupid

That's your trained medical opinion? I just read something about how this type of action slows down the spread and flattens the spike of cases, enabling the medical community to keep up. But I'm sure you know better. :rolleyes:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Complacency > faster spread > more death.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
St. Paddys day parades NY and Boston cancelled. Boston marathon may be delayed. I think they just shut down broadway plays in NYC. NBA games are done.
My secretary went to store at lunch- barely a roll of toilet paper to be had. :eek::poop:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Now that's freaking stupid

In the context where you said this, so were you, Adam. That disease is real - and really bad. It is not stupid to take precautions.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I've been doom and gloom for a while now, spreading The Word in my local cafe, who all dismiss me as some eccentric nutter. They won't for long. It is already starting to get a lot quieter in there. Next I will turn up dead, and who will be laughing then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom