Crazies and Nutjobs (1 Viewer)

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:04
what kind of crazies live in your country??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRJFL-A6mxg

WARNING!! Contains shocking imigary!!

This one used to live in the NL, unfortunatly he died before we could draw and quarter him...

FYI:
Some nutjob drove a car into a crowd at high speed on "Koninginne dag" (queensday for you English speeking people) in the NL...

Who comes up with these STUPID ideas??

Last edited:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 10:04
Was he sober at the time? Because you realise that 80% of road accidents are caused by people driving while sober.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
No drugs or alcohol have been reported as beeing involved.

Appearently he thought up the plan to do this and did it... Then went and died :(

I hope he ROTS in HELL (if there is such a place, he deserves it!)

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Sadly the world will always have its share of crazies and the innocent will always suffer.

statsman

Local time
Today, 06:04
There is no shortage of crazies and nut jobs on the planet and they are not restricted by country.

In Canada, we generally elect them to public office. It gives them a job with an aura of self-impartance but they really can do very little harm.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
It's odd that this happened in the Netherlands. Most crazy people reside in the USA.

Col

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 21:04
my ex is not just a crazy or a nut job, but a CRAZY NUT JOB. totally ruined dozens of people's lives as far as i know... now in hiding sought after by police in several states... eeek. i got out early - luckily, and excaped with just an $80,000 debt against my name (having no previous loans before my ex), but walked away with my health, family and friends. phew.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 03:04
Most countries do try to lock up the dangerous crazies - until they notice Gee it is expensive to keep crazies locked up - so they let them out again.

statsman

Local time
Today, 06:04
my ex is not just a crazy or a nut job, but a CRAZY NUT JOB. totally ruined dozens of people's lives as far as i know... now in hiding sought after by police in several states... eeek. i got out early - luckily, and excaped with just an $80,000 debt against my name (having no previous loans before my ex), but walked away with my health, family and friends. phew.

I think I married his sister :D

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 03:04
The worlds a pretty fucked place ...
the damage this nutcase has done to numerous families - not just the ones who have lsot loves ones but the mental scars they have left behind on spectators ...

my heart really does go out to our Dutch cousins-

Gary

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
The worlds a pretty fucked place ...
the damage this nutcase has done to numerous families - not just the ones who have lsot loves ones but the mental scars they have left behind on spectators ...

my heart really does go out to our Dutch cousins-

Gary

Could it be that people are generally too sheltered these days? Or are they just attention seekers. If you see something like this happen why does it leave a “mental scar” on some and not on others/

My daughter witnessed her first shooting without her parents with her, at the age of 12, where a cop shot and killed a robber at the same time as the robber killed the cop. This took place in the corner shop at the end of our street. She had no counselling for it, that was just part of the culture, you accepted that bombs went off and you seen people being killed. 17 years later she still hasn’t had any form of break down related to it.

Yes, the world is full of crazies, mostly though, when they act out like that or like wiklendts ex, (and indeed I’ve had one similar) it’s either through a mental illness; drug/alcohol dependency; stress or depression.

All I can say is that I wish I were a psychologist, they must be making a killing these days because most of us expect to be wrapped in cotton wool and never to have to encounter real trauma, and when we do, no matter that it’s as a spectator we are happy to embrace the role of victim. Perhaps it’s just plain boredom that causes us to react in that way?

I'm not saying it was a pleasant thing to witness, I am simply speculating as to why some people react differently to others in certain situations.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
I am not feeling any such effects after seeing this on LIVE television. I am sure a lot of people who felt the car rush by will have this feeling though and I can imagine in such a case.

In general I agree, Ouma, people "now a days" tend to take on a victim role much easier/faster than in reality might be expected. I seem to brush off these effects quite easy, but co-workers seem to be actually OUT sick because of this event.

I dont get how you can be so 'down' because of this that you would call in sick at work... I didnt even do this when my sister in law rather suddenly died, which I think is rather more impacting than seeing 'some action' on TV.

Actually beeing there, seeing it or worse feeling the bullit/car rush by... maybe... but on TV? no way...

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Somewhat more shocking news today... Appearently some months ago this guy was quoted as saying:
I am fired, out of a job and almost out of money. If I cannot find a job soon and cannot keep my house I may do something crazy....

As a mater of fact he was to be evicted from his home Friday May 1, the day after this happening...
So maybe if people had payed (more) attention this all could have been prevented, but hind sight gives perfect view offcourse.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
In general I agree, Ouma, people "now a days" tend to take on a victim role much easier/faster than in reality might be expected. I seem to brush off these effects quite easy, but co-workers seem to be actually OUT sick because of this event.
My daughter went to school the following day after the incident she seen. We didn't make an issue of it and I think that was possibly the best answer. A few years earlier I had seen a biker decapitated, in fact his head and helmet bounced off my car. This happened at lunch time, ok, I was a bit late in getting back to work, having to give my statement to the police, but I went back to work that afternoon, it helped to keep busy, and I think that was the lesson I was teaching my daughter, not to dwell on it, talk about it, but don't dwell on it.

I dont get how you can be so 'down' because of this that you would call in sick at work... I didnt even do this when my sister in law rather suddenly died, which I think is rather more impacting than seeing 'some action' on TV.
You're right, your personal tragedy was worse than something you seen on tv, half the world should have been off sick after 9/11 if we all let it affect us, but we carried on.

Actually beeing there, seeing it or worse feeling the bullit/car rush by... maybe... but on TV? no way...
I agree, but again, I think it's just down to how people cope with trauma in their lives and maybe they just haven't seen anything bad happen.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Somewhat more shocking news today... Appearently some months ago this guy was quoted as saying:
I am fired, out of a job and almost out of money. If I cannot find a job soon and cannot keep my house I may do something crazy....

As a mater of fact he was to be evicted from his home Friday May 1, the day after this happening...
So maybe if people had payed (more) attention this all could have been prevented, but hind sight gives perfect view offcourse.

So he was stressed and possibly depressed. Both are conditions that, if not treated, can cause severe mental breakdown.

See, even the bad guy can sometimes turn out to be a victim.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
A victim that makes others victims is not a victim in my book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom