Create table from ODBC (1 Viewer)

dlugirapfr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:52
Hi,

Is there any simple way the create via vba table from ODBC linked table?
Tables must have the same name like ODBC tables.
Thanks for any replays.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:52
More details please.

dlugirapfr

Registered User.
Local time
For example I have linked ODBC table in my Access 2003 database. Name of linked table is tblSYSDBAP. I need VBA that will remove this linked table and create new table as access table. This access table must have the same name.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Have you considered importing this table as compared to linking to it?

Can you tell us in plain English what exactly you are trying to achieve?
If you have a linked table, you are getting the real time info. Suppose you are linked ODBC to Oracle. Changes in the Oracle data is available to you in Access.

If you import the Oracle table to an Access table, you only have the data as of that point in time. New changes in Oracle are not available to you.

dlugirapfr

Registered User.
Local time
In my database I have a lot of queries which are based on that ODBC Oracle tables.
I want to create button which will “backup” all ODBC tables to access file. But backup tables must get the same name like Oracle tables (query must works).

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
??? Do you have a dba group that manages Oracle?
I'm sure they have transaction processing with recovery. Also, I'm sure they have a formal backup system.
I know they can restore from various backups and/or transactions.

I really don't understand your need to backup these tables in Access.

Please clarify.

dlugirapfr

Registered User.
Local time
Dear Sir,
I don’t know more details about this tables. They are connected (in Access 2003) by, file, connect new table, (file type) ODBC, and then I choose internal type of base. Then from long tables list I choose 10 of them. I want to create this backup button to run Access offline (when Network will be down and also tables connected , or to use this file outside network)

Thank you for replay, sorry for my poor English, I hope now everything is clear 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom