Currency re-vamp (2 Viewers)

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:50
The_Doc_Man said:
For those who are curious, try this link to see what the city looked like from above after Katrina

I doubt the photos go anywhere near doing justice to the level of damage, as - for the most part - they don't make things look too bad.

Can see what you mean about how densely-packed the buildings area, though. Must have been horrific.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:50
ColinEssex said:
Stuffy neighbours:rolleyes: we all get them:D

Col

another high profile UK law-breaker who is tolerated by the all so nasty American people :rolleyes:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 09:50
The_Doc_Man said:
For those who are curious, try this link to see what the city looked like from above after Katrina:

Doc Man,

I agree with Matt that it's a little hard to tell how much devastation there is from those pictures since it's from such a high viewpoint, unless you know what you're looking at. Since I didn't know what the city looked like from above before Katrina, I don't have that reference point.

Someone did send me a bunch of pictures shortly after Katrina that really showed some of the devastation and how widespread it really was. Here are a few of them...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66081161@N00/sets/72157594213954395/

It's difficult to imagine what it must still be like there.

I was wondering also if you had a take on what they are doing to those doctors out there, accusing them of euthanizing patients. It seems kind of like a witch hunt to me, but I wasn't sure I had the whole story.

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 10:50
The_Doc_Man said:
For those who are curious, try this link to see what the city looked like from above after Katrina:

http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/katrina/KATRINA0000.HTM

To see the area near where I live:

On the map that has large boxes and shows the path of Katrina, find the box that is centered over the southern shore of the big lake (Ponchartrain). It is 2nd from the top in the column that has five boxes. Click that.

You'll see the south shore in greater detail. On the top row of boxes, count 11 boxes starting from the left. It is

http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/storms/katrina/24425627.jpg

I'm in that area.

Doc, In this picture:

http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/storms/katrina/24729701.jpg

Whats the white looking stuff in the water? Debris?

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
Perhaps you could ask 'Keef', after all he lives in Connecticut.

No he doesn't, he lives in Jamaica :rolleyes:
as my learned colleague pointed out to you, he owns homes all over the world

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
Is that what Bill Wyman, Gary Glitter, Pete Townshend thought of paedophilia in the UK? That it was the norm?
If you can prove that Wyman and Townshend were paedos report it to the police, then ask them how they feel about the American Roman Catholic bishop who let a paedo escape to Mexico just a few weeks ago.
You still wanna take the moral high ground:rolleyes:

R

Rich

Matty said:
Ah I see. So the things he did weren't bad at the time, because it was perfectly normal. Let's just nullify my list then. :rolleyes:
Nah don't nullify your list, let's make a list of all the things Bush did when he was young, don't forget to add how his daddy got him out of the sh*t:rolleyes:
Then explain how he managed to become the president:rolleyes:

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 09:50
I wasn't really planning on doing anything to my list. Colin asked for it, so I provided. :)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
No he doesn't, he lives in Jamaica :rolleyes:
as my learned colleague pointed out to you, he owns homes all over the world

One of your newspapers disagrees with you

"Richards' main home is still in Weston, Connecticut, and he continues to share it with Patti Hansen, the Staten Island-born model whom he married in 1983."

The marriage to an American and settlement in America, a well trodden path by the UK's successful :rolleyes:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
then ask them how they feel about the American Roman Catholic bishop who let a paedo escape to Mexico just a few weeks ago.

Nah I'd rather ask them how Ian Huntley got given a job as a school caretaker when he had already been labelled by themselves as a "serial sex attacker".

Rich said:
You still wanna take the moral high ground:rolleyes:

I wouldn't dream of usurping you.

Last edited:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
only 'cause you want his money

Which the American economy provides him with the countless laborious comeback tours :rolleyes:

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
Which the American economy provides him with the countless laborious comeback tours :rolleyes:
They're not comeback tours, just part of their itinerary that makes them the greatest Rock'N'Roll band ever

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
One of your newspapers disagrees with you

"Richards' main home is still in Weston, Connecticut, and he continues to share it with Patti Hansen, the Staten Island-born model whom he married in 1983."
Which is why we don't swallow every thing we read in the press, this site says
"Although details of the accident are sketchy, in May he underwent brain surgery in Aukland, New Zealand. By the end of May he was back home in England; "

Another site says he returned home to the US :rolleyes:

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
Nah I'd rather ask them how Ian Huntley got given a job as a school caretaker when he had already been labelled by themselves as a "serial sex attacker".

I wouldn't dream of usurping you.
Really! trying to score cheap points at the expense of the tragic circumstances surrounding the loss of two young girls at Huntley's hands is pretty low:(

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 16:50
With me it is Rich.
You may go to http://www.youtube.com/index, type in Bill Wyman (video's) , click search and select Bill Wyman playing melody.

Imust say that what Bill produced with the Rhythm Kings is much more R&R than the Stones ever made. :cool:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Rich said:
Really! trying to score cheap points at the expense of the tragic circumstances surrounding the loss of two young girls at Huntley's hands is pretty low:(
Thats normal when the Americans are on the back foot;) :rolleyes: :D

Its like the US are shipping 5,000 bombs through Prestwick airport destined for Israel. The British have lodged a formal protest to the USA for their underhand methods using Prestwick as a staging post, yet the US has rejected it - presumably because the USA thinks it can walk over anybody, as usual link

Col

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:
Its like the US are shipping 5,000 bombs through Prestwick airport destined for Israel. The British have lodged a formal protest to the USA for their underhand methods using Prestwick as a staging post, yet the US has rejected it - presumably because the USA thinks it can walk over anybody, as usual link

Col
No wonder they continue to support the murder of innocent women and children, still it's nothing new for them is it:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom