cutting/processing (1 Viewer)

grante

Local time
Today, 18:07
I sell a product that has many standard lengths. ( 1 to Many)
I have a table for products e.g (48.3x3.2)
I have a table for the standard lengths stocked for each product. e.g (7500 or 10000 or 12000 or 15000mm)

a std order looks for example 48.3x3.2 / 10 lengths / 10000mm /price / del date/ notes

I have a problem and I cannot get my head around it and I need your help.

If.. a customer orders a non standard length it has to be cut from a standard length and the off cut must go back in to the stock profile.

I am not sure where to start. When entering an order for standard lengths I have a OrderForm and a subOrderLines.
I need to show the cut lengths required and the material it is going to be cut from as well as showing the off cut that is going to be returned to stock and from this I need to raise an invoice for the material despatched.

Any Idea would be greatfully received.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 13:07
My initial reaction is that you need to have a table devoted to tracking (accumulating/discharging) non-standard lengths. In terms of the billing, keep the standard format for stuff leaving the standard table, but add a "credit" line for the items to be placed in the non-standard length table. Of course this also means revising how the $ total is computed. I am also assuming that none of the cut lengths become "standard" lengths.

grante

Local time
Today, 18:07
no none of the cut lengths ever become std lengths:)
Thanx for the input, but my head is still hurting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom