DAO/ADO Problem (1 Viewer)

sha7jpm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:40
I was having problems with a query.
I designed a report based on a query coming off a listbox and used querydef.. this was all fine..
except that the debugger was coming up with
"user variable not defined.." for the query def statement
dim q as querydef.

so I searched on this forum and found i needed to change the activeX under the tools/preferences in the VB window.

this all works but I now find that other users of the dbase need these settings changed.. which I do.. but the database is still bringing up the same error..

help?!

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:40
If you are switching the reference to DAO on and off... You need to Disambiguate

Database for instance is used both in ADO and DAO. Thus you need to make Database unique by adding either...

DAO.Database

or

ADO.Database

This is but an example there are many others like this....

Hope that helps.

Regards

dcx693

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:40
You need to make sure all users have the proper references to either ADO or DAO. I would not suggest mixing both within the same database unless you have some specific reason.

Are your clients running Access 97 or 2000+? If it's 2000+, I believe they should pull up the proper references when they open your database, but check that to make sure.

namliam, Database is not an ADO object! :D And you would use ADODB as the name fo the object library, not ADO as in:
Dim rst as ADODB.Recordset

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:40
Thanx Learned something (again) today and its not even 9:15...

Am not a ADO user as you might have noticed...

Regards

sha7jpm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:40
ta!

thanks for the info...

have got it to work now... think the user had loaded up a different dbase when I asked him to test it..!

thanks again.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom