Database Problems (1 Viewer)

S

SuseMarc

Hi im creating a database for a company i work for, and im finding it challenging as its the first one ive designed! Ive completed pretty much most of it but im having a problems with one form. The point of the form is to enter new jobs that my company have taken on. I have a form and a subform in there, the main form has the client and shipment details addresses etc.. and the subform is meant to be there to enter the product informations.

My problem with these forms atm is that when i select a client (by company name) i cant select the drop down box in the subform to choose a product.. and its the same vice versa. The other problem is that when i select 1 product (obviously without selecting a company) the form increases so i can enter a 2nd product (as it should) but again i cant select a second product.. In none of these situations do i get an error message..

Ive tried everything within my limited knowledge and nothing has worked, i cant seem to get any luck with google either :/ .. now im guessing it's ewither a problem with my relationships or with the query im tieing the tables to the forms with.

Ive attached a screenshot of my relationships, if you need any more information please post it here and ill get it..

Attachments

• Relationships.jpg
    Relationships.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 198

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:41
are you able to move to the next record in the subform (continuous forms?). if you are displaying record selectors, does the pencil change. It might be that you have not set the customerref from the main form in the subform record, which will prevent the first record saving.

alternatively you may have incorrect key structures in the product details table.

S

SuseMarc

Sorry for the late reply i was in a meeting with my bosses yesterday showing them what ive accomplished so far and didnt get a chance to come here.

This form (datasheet) doesnt have any records atm as i cant add them. In the main form theres a companyname combo box and when i select a company name it brings up the address and shipment details, the subform (in the form of a datasheet) is merely for selecting "Input Media" the company are sending us to extract data off and the quantity of that media type. So there are no record selectors.

I think what im doing is refering the OrderID to the InputMediaID when it should be the other way around, but im not too sure. I only have one key in the product details table (InputMedia Table) and thats the InputMediaID which is obviously an autonumber.

I just made the product code a key too, now when i select a company then try to select a product it gives me this error message: "You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in Table 'InputMedia'"

Just gonna google it now :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom