Davep's thread on titles (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 22:37
I was going to reply to his thread but see that it is closed, why? Is he not allowed to ask questions? Col you can see who is what by clicking on forum leaders below the index, AprilC is a moderator. I suspect that the titles are a function of the system.

Brian

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I was going to reply to his thread but see that it is closed, why? Is he not allowed to ask questions? Col you can see who is what by clicking on forum leaders below the index, AprilC is a moderator. I suspect that the titles are a function of the system.

Brian
Sorry but in the bigger picture of the world, does it really matter, we can't control it anyway ;)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Sorry but in the bigger picture of the world, does it really matter, we can't control it anyway ;)

What? The world or the Forum? :confused:

Brian

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
What? The world or the Forum? :confused:

Brian
Either, for whatever reason the site owner has made many changes and they're his choice wether we agree or not, life moves on for much the same reason;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
All I really asked was what is the difference between a "super" moderator and a normal moderator.

I have been warned not to ask any moderator questions and I sense I am on the edge of a ban for asking.

You are right Rich in that it is not of severe importance, just out of interest only.

Oh, BTW - in case you missed it, it seems it's ok to call another member an "a$$hole" - a super moderator did it last week, yet there is no evidence of any penalty. It's not something I would do, but if it slips out then contrary to the rules it seems ok.

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Either, for whatever reason the site owner has made many changes and they're his choice wether we agree or not, life moves on for much the same reason;)

So that's where you've been, the Buddhist forums.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 17:37
Moderator and Super Moderator are default titles in the vBulletin system. The difference between a Moderator and Super Moderator is a Moderator has to be assigned to each part of the forum individually where a Super Moderator does not. They are by default able to mod the entire forum. We saw no need to assign individual sections of the forum to each mod. It was just easier to assign the Super Moderator title to allow them all access to moderating the entire forum.

As for the previous thread and any other threads that have been closed, the people who started the threads can speak in private with me over any concerns on the thread being closed. I don't believe the moderating issues are appropriate for public discussion.

Now, can't we call play nice? :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Thank you Vass for answering what appeared to me to be a simple question. I appreciate that. It's refreshing to have a mod who is not carrying hatred and not always being defensive.

I have been warned twice (by a super moderator, not Bob) not to PM them or ask a moderator a question on any moderating matters. It seems it's a strictly private club and any penalty will be dished out to all participants of the deleted thread, whether they were innocent or guilty.

I would be worried to PM you in case this super-mod found out and banned me, as that seems his intent, he is just awaiting an excuse now.

I'm surprised though that another super-mod can call other members rude names, particularly when it states clearly in the rules that this is not allowed.

Col

Last edited:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
The problem is, Col, is that your simple questions always have a hidden agenda.

In this case a platform to vent spleen over your nemesis.

This is why your posts are met with cynicism or ennui or both.

Vassago

Local time
I'm surprised though that another super-mod can call other members rude names, particularly when it states clearly in the rules that this is not allowed.

Col

Obviously, all members are held to the same standards and expectations of respect. Any violations of this result in private conversation with the parties involved. Since you were not pmed regarding this particular situation you speak of, it means you are not involved and don't need to know what the ending result of the discussion is.

So let's drop it. It really had nothing to do with you and at this point shall not be responded to.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The problem is, Col, is that your simple questions always have a hidden agenda.

I fail to see what the hidden agenda of "what is the difference between a super mod and a mod" can be:confused:

In this case a platform to vent spleen over your nemesis.

This is why your posts are met with cynicism or ennui or both.

I love the word "ennui" - it is one I admit I had to look up, I'm surprised an American could be so articulate as English is not your first language - mind you, Roget's Thesaurus is a wonderful tool - nice one Daniella.

Ok Vass, as you are the only mod I respect as being fair and honest, I will drop it as you request. I just hope that the perpetrator received a ban for a week or two as any normal person would, and not just get a verbal slap on the wrists. Then it would be fair.

Col

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time

I think it would be an administrative nightmare to try and consult every member of any forum before making any changes and I, for one, trust Jon to run the forum and to make these decisions. With the exception of certain "personality clashes" which happen in every part of every society, I think Jon has done and excellent job all these years. :D

Vass, how come you're an administrator and not a moderator or super moderator? What's the difference there?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I think vass has a lot more power which he wields with great maturity

Brian

Vassago

Local time
Vass, how come you're an administrator and not a moderator or super moderator? What's the difference there?

I can change many more things on profiles, assign VIPs, assign new moderators, ban IPs, etc...

Jon felt like he needed someone else to handle the interpersonal aspects of the forum. I take care of those while he takes care of the structural side of the forum.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
So that's where you've been, the Buddhist forums.
No, I'm just a nice person full stop, a little argumentative at times, but mostly just misunderstood:p

Vassago

Local time
No, I'm just a nice person full stop, a little argumentative at times, but mostly just misunderstood:p

It shows by all of the pictures you've posted of yourself. :D :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom