DB taking too much time to close (1 Viewer)

Rashid

Local time
Yesterday, 22:36
Please any body help me. this ms access db taking long time to close what is the reason and how to solve this problem ? i am trying to attach the db but it is of 100 mb and not uploading. i compressed to rar and try to attach but rar file is not accepting by the forum so please solve this issue also thanks.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:36
@Rashid, the problem with closing a database is that you are closing files. Some files take longer to close than others.

Tell us about this database. Is that 100 MB in ONE file? Is that the back-end file? Is it a split database? Is the back-end an Access .MDB/.ACCDB or is it SQL Server or something else that uses ODBC connections? How many network connections do you have? (Like a shared back-end with lots of linked tables, for example.) Tell us about the infrastructure of the DB because that is what governs shutdown.

tvanstiphout

Local time
Yesterday, 22:36
And while you answer TheDocMan's excellent questions, also please use precise language. "too much time" is not precise. How many seconds?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 06:36
Please any body help me. this ms access db taking long time to close what is the reason and how to solve this problem ? i am trying to attach the db but it is of 100 mb and not uploading. i compressed to rar and try to attach but rar file is not accepting by the forum so please solve this issue also thanks.
Not without reason to supply the file in a format the forum accepts? :(

ebs17

Local time
Today, 07:36
this ms access db taking long time to close what is the reason and how to solve this problem ?
Check what your database is doing.

If a lot of time is required, there may be a lot of work to be done at that point
- close open objects
- Unload data somewhere
- backups and exports to the outside world
=> open objects should be closed as quickly as possible, not just at the end
=> It's better to only load the data that you really need

You should also determine who the database is communicating with. Unnoticed queries from an Excel workbook or a missing or delayed answer from the internet can quickly trigger a wait.

What does the developer of the database say about the behavior in question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom