disabling mouse wheel scrolling (1 Viewer)

pauly

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:08
hi, i have searched the forums on how to do this and most articles point to this link, but it doesnt work, does anyone know how to get it to work.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001833.html

I need to diable it as it allows users to scroll through records, which they shouldnt be allowed to do.

I have had a look at the microsoft reference, but it seems quite complicated, is there an easier solution?

pauly

Registered User.
Local time
I have created a dll file and it works fine.
---------
BUT
---------
when you use the code specified on Microsofts site in a subform, you cannot use the mouse to access any data in the subforms - being - highlighting, selecting etc, how can i fix this?
Anyone know?

KNK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:08
Disable Mouse wheel

You can download a demo for Access 97 and 2000 from my site. You have to register the DLL that is in the zip file and then the demo should work for you. My site is at:

http://members.shaw.ca/glenk/index.html

They are based on the code Microsoft supplies.
I don't frequent this site as often as I should so if you have further questions email me from the link on my site

Last edited:

pauly

Registered User.
Local time
yes, i know how to use the code that you have in your example, i already had that code, the problem that i have is using the code in subfomrs, which at the moment doesnt work, can anyone help?

KNK

Registered User.
Local time
You have to apply the code to all forms not just the master form.
If you have a subform you have to apply the code to it and any other subforms that live on that form. I just tried it and it worked for me.

pauly

Registered User.
Local time
in what way have you applied the code to the subforms, i have tried to add it to each subform the way that you have it, meaning class Mouse wheel is initialised at form_open and set to nothing at form_close, but that doesnt allow you to enter the subform with your mouse, or do anything at all with you mouse to the data in the subform. I tried applying the code to the subform using its on_enter and on_exit functions, but that just caused problems

KNK

Registered User.
Local time
You have to tab to the subform or click on the actual subform before it sets focus to the first field in the sub form. I have applied it the same as the main form. Which version of Access are you using? If you are using 2000 or 2002 you can trigger it from the mouse wheel event. Access 97 wasn't designed with mouse wheel use in mind that is why the dll was designed to sort of make it workable. I know it isn't the best way, some problems do pop up that a person has to fool around with to get to work. The easiest way is to teach your users of 97 to not use the scroll wheel which can lead to more problems than you expect. I thought by 2002 version Microsoft would have added this feature as a built in function but they haven't and I really don't think they ever will. It's a user problem not a code problem so for them it is way down on the list of priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom